How to create a JAR file?
You can create a JAR file using the following command.
jar cf jar-file input-file(s)
You can also create JAR files using IDE’s. To create a JAR file using eclipse follow the procedure given below.
Open the Jar File wizard
The Jar File wizard can be used to export the content of a project into a jar file. To bring up the Jar File wizard −
- In the Package Explorer select the items that you want to export. If you want to export all the classes and resources in the project just select the project.
- Click on the File menu and select Export.
- In the filter text box of the first page of the export wizard type in JAR.
- Under the Java category select JAR file.
- Click on Next.
Using the Jar File wizard
In the JAR File Specification page −
- Enter the JAR file name and folder.
- The default is to export only the classes. To export the source code also, click on the Export Java source files and resources checkbox.
- Click on Next to change the JAR packaging options.
- Click on Next to change the JAR Manifest specification
- Click on Finish.
Published on 05-Feb-2018 20:16:52