- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to Turn Off Form Autocompletion in HTML?
The autocomplete attribute is used with form element to set the autocomplete feature on or off. If the autocomplete feature is on, the browser will automatically show values, based on what users entered before in the field. If the autocomplete feature is off, the browser won’t automatically show values, based on what users entered before in the field.
The following are the attribute values −
|S. No||Attribute Value||Description|
|1||on||This is the default value. Browser automatically complete values based on what users entered before.|
|2||off||Browser won’t complete values based on what users entered before. Users have to type the value.|
Let’s see how to turn off autocompletion in HTML:
You can try to run the following code to learn how to set autocomplete off. For autocomplete off value, web browser won’t complete values based on what users entered before.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title> HTML autocomplete attribute</title> </head> <body> <form action = "" method = "get" autocomplete="off"> Details:<br><br> Student Name<br><input type = "name" name = "sname"><br> Training week<br><input type = "week" name = "week"><br> <input type = "submit" value = "Submit"> </form> </body> </html>
- How to turn off spell checking (grammar correction) for HTML form elements?
- How to programmatically turn off and turn on WiFi in Kotlin?
- How to turn off YouTube comments in YouTube Mobile app?
- How to turn Android device screen on and off programmatically?
- How to turn off TestNG's default reporters programmatically?
- How to turn off transparency in Matplotlib's 3D Scatter plot?
- How to turn off the upper/right axis tick marks in Matplotlib?
- How to turn off error bars in Seaborn Bar Plot using Matplotlib?
- How to turn Android device screen on and off programmatically using Kotlin?
- How to turn off the ticks and marks of a matlibplot axes?
- How to turn on and off the Incognito Mode on YouTube App
- Golang program to turn off the k’th bit in a number.
- Turn off the left/bottom axis tick marks in Matplotlib
- How to clear HTML form fields with jQuery?