- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
How do I calculate number of days between two dates using Python?
In this article we will discuss how to find the number of days between two dates using Python.
We use the datetime module() to calculate the number of days between two dates using python.
Python has a built-in datetime module that assists us in resolving a number of date-related issues. We just input the two dates with the date type and subtract them to discover the difference between the two dates, which gives us the number of days between the two dates.
The syntax of the date() method in datetime module is as follows.
datetime.date(year, month, day)
- year: Takes this parameter as the year.
- month: Takes this parameter as the month.
- day: Takes this parameter as the day.
This function returns date object with same year, month and day. All arguments are required. Arguments may be integers, in the following ranges:
- MINYEAR <= year <= MAXYEAR
- 1 <= month <= 12
- 1 <= day <= number of days in the given month and year
In the following example code, we define the two dates between which we want to find the difference in days. Then subtract these dates to get a timedelta object and examine the day's property of this object to get the required result.
from datetime import date d0 = date(2011, 1, 8) d1 = date(2015, 8, 16) delta = d1 - d0 print('The number of days between the given range of dates is :') print(delta.days)
The output of the above code is as follows.
The number of days between the given range of dates is : 1681
- Related Articles
- How can I calculate full 24hour days between two specified dates in MySQL?
- Python program to find number of days between two given dates
- How to calculate the weeks and days between two dates in Excel?
- Find number of days between two given dates in C++
- How to find the number of days and number of weeks between two dates in R?
- How to count days between two dates in Java
- How do I generate days from the range of dates in MySQL?
- Calculate the difference between two dates in days, weeks, months and years in Excel
- Calculating total number of Hours, Days, Minutes and Seconds between two dates in Golang
- MySQL query to calculate the days between two dates from different columns but similar rows
- How to calculate average between two dates in Excel?