- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can we store a value in user-defined variable?
We can store a value in a user-defined variable in a statement and then refer to it afterward in other statements. Followings are the ways to store a value in user-defined variable −
With SET statement
we can store a user-defined variable by issuing a SET statement as follows −
SET @var_name = expr[, @var_name = expr]…
In this @var_name is the variable name which consists of alphanumeric characters from current character set. We can use either = or := assignment operator with SET statement.
For example following queries can store the user variables with SET statement −
mysql> SET @value = 500; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) mysql> SET @value := 500; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) mysql> SET @value = 500, @value1=550; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Without SET statement
Without the SET statement, we can also assign a value to a user variable in statements as follows −
mysql> select @value,@value1, @value2 := @value+@value1; +--------+---------+---------------------------+ | @value | @value1 | @value2 := @value+@value1 | +--------+---------+---------------------------+ | 500 | 550 | 1050 | +--------+---------+---------------------------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
In this case, we must have to use := assignment operator.
- How Can we permanently define user-defined variable for a client in MySQL?
- How can we assign a bit value as a number to a user variable?
- Select into a user-defined variable with MySQL
- Updating a MySQL table row column by appending a value from user defined variable?
- Perform MySQL SELECT INTO user-defined variable
- In MySQL, why a client cannot use a user-defined variable defined by another client?
- Increment multiple Timestamp values by setting the incremented value in a user-defined variable in SQL
- MySQL ORDER BY with numeric user-defined variable?
- MongoDB query to set user defined variable into query?
- Get the maximum exam date using a user-defined variable in SQL
- How can I return a record from a table nearest to a user-defined variables value in MySQL?
- Set user-defined variable with table name in MySQL prepare statement?
- Swap two Strings without using third user defined variable in Java
- Add user defined value to a column in a MySQL query?