- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can I delete MySQL temporary table?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
As we know that MySQL temporary table would be deleted if the current session is terminated. But of still in between the session we want to delete the temporary table than with the help of the DROP statement we can delete the temporary table. It can be understood with the help of the following example −
In this example, we are deleting the temporary table named ‘SalesSummary’ −
mysql> DROP TABLE SalesSummary; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
The above query will delete the table and it can be confirmed from the query below −
mysql> Select * from SalesSummary; ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'query.SalesSummary doesn't exist
- How can I see the description of a MySQL Temporary Tables?
- How can I create a stored procedure to delete values from a MySQL table?
- How can we create a MySQL temporary table by using PHP script?
- How to list temporary table columns in MySQL?
- How can we delete multiple rows from a MySQL table?
- How can we delete all rows from a MySQL table?
- How can we delete a single row from a MySQL table?
- Create a temporary table in a MySQL procedure?
- Create a temporary table with dates in MySQL
- How to delete a temporary file in Java?
- How can we delete an existing MySQL table by using PHP script?
- How can you delete a table from a database in MySQL Python?
- How can I see the CREATE TABLE statement of an existing MySQL table?