- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
HTML5 Video Tag in Chrome - Why is currentTime ignored when video downloaded from my webserver?
To be able to playback video from a specific time using the HTML5 video tag, try these fixes.
Your web server should be capable of serving the document using byte ranges. The Google Chrome web browser want this to work. If this is not worked out, then the seeking will be disabled and even if you set the currentTime, it will not work.
Test your web server, if it allows this −
curl --dump-header - -r0-0 http://theurl
- HTML DOM Video currentTime Property
- Play local (hard-drive) video file with HTML5 video tag?
- XMLHttpRequest for Video Tag?
- Commonly used Video formats while using HTML5 video
- Display video inside HTML5 canvas
- HTML5 video not playing in Firefox
- Facing Problem in retrieving HTML5 video duration
- How to prevent the HTML5 video from loading before playing?
- Streaming a video file to an HTML5 video player with Node.js so that the video controls continue to work
- Play infinitely looping video on-load in HTML5
- How to play YouTube video in my Android Application?
- Converting video to HTML5 ogg / ogv and mpg4
- HTML5 inline video on iPhone vs iPad/Browser