- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Finding the table from which data is fetched in SAP
You can get the data if it is displayed in a transaction. Here are the steps you need to follow.
a) First point the cursor on the field for which you want to get the data.
b) Press F1 for help. This will open a dialog with heading “Performance assistant”
c) Click on the “Technical information” button. This will open up another dialog box
d) You will be able to find “Table name” and “Field name”
Generally, this will tell you the table in the database .
If you are not able to get the required information, run a trace using ST05. In SAP system, SQL trace (ST05) is used by the developers to analyze database Select statements.
Below you can see T-code ST05 main screen −
To activate trace, you can select Activate Trace with Filter option. You can select different filters like −
- User Name
- Transaction Name
- Program Name
- Accessing table data from SAP system
- Retrieving data from a table in SAP ABAP
- Table type while importing data from flat file in SAP HANA
- Table mapping while data replication from flat file in SAP HANA database
- Inserting data in table in SAP HANA
- How can I transfer data from SAP HANA to virtual table?
- Update the records in a table with a specific year fetched from date format like '10/12/2010'?
- Inserting data in a table in SAP HANA
- Viewing data in a table in SAP HANA database
- Update data in one table from data in another table in MySQL?
- Searching data from the different system in SAP.
- Deleting from temporary table in SAP HANA
- Converting the data back to table using SAP FM RFC_READ_TABLE
- Decoding SAP text from STXL.CLUSTD table
- Field not getting save from table to transparent table in SAP