- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Does Python have a string 'contains' substring method?
No python doesn't have a 'contains' substring method. Instead you could use either of the below 2 methods:
Python has a keyword 'in' for finding if a string is a substring of another string. For example,
>>> 'ello' in 'hello world' True >>> 'no' in 'hello' False
If you also need the first index of the substring, you can use find(substr) to find the index. If this method returns -1, it means that substring doesn't exist in the string. For example,
>>> 'hello world'.find('ello') 1 >>> 'hello'.find('no') -1
- Java Program to Check if a string contains a substring
- How to check whether a string contains a substring in jQuery?
- How to check whether a String contains a substring or not?
- How to check if a string contains a substring in Golang?
- Java String substring() Method example.
- Does Python have a ternary conditional operator?
- Program to find minimum string size that contains given substring in Python
- Java String contains() method example.
- PHP 8 – Using str_contains() to check if a string contains a substring
- Construct DFA beginning with ‘a’ but does not have substring ‘aab’
- How do we check if a String contains a substring (ignoring case) in Java?
- How to check if an input string contains a specified substring in JSP?
- How to check if string or a substring of string starts with substring in Python?