- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Read, Update, Manipulate, and Store data in a database using Database Languages. The following are the database languages −
- Data Definition Language
- Data Manipulation Language
- Data Control Language
- Transaction Control Language
Let us begin with Data Definition Language:
Data Definition Language
The language is used to create database, tables, alter them, etc. With this, you can also rename the database, or drop them. It specifies the database schema.
The DDL statements include −
- CREATE: Create new database, table, etc.
- ALTER: Alter existing database, table, etc.
- DROP: Drop the database
- RENAME: Set a new name for the table.
Data Manipulation Language
The language used to manipulate the database like inserting data, updating table, retrieving record from a table, etc. is known as Data Manipulation Language −
- SELECT: Retrieve data from the database
- INSERT: Insert data
- UPDATE: Update data
- DELETE: Delete all records
Data Control Language
Grant privilege to a user using the GRANT statement. In the same way, revoke the privilege using the REVOKE statement. Both of these statements come under the Data Control Language (DCL). −
- GRANT: Give privilege to access the database.
- REVOKE: Take back the privilege to access the database.
Transaction Control Language
Manage transactions in the Database using the Transaction Control Language −
- COMMIT: Save the work.
- SAVEPOINT: Set a point in transaction to rollback later
- ROLLBACK: Restores since last commit
- Computer languages
- Functional Programming Languages
- What is the difference between Imperative languages and Functional languages in compiler design?
- Benefits of C over other languages
- What are the different computer languages?
- Why is Python slower than other languages?
- What are different types of DBMS languages?
- Why are some languages written left to right?
- Construct the Regular expression for the given languages.
- What are the closure properties of Regular languages?
- Construct a pair of languages by using CFG
- Explain Union and Intersection of Regular languages with CFL
- Explain the technique for combining two languages in TOC?
- Why is Sanskrit known as the mother of all languages?
- How to use Turing machines to recognize languages in TOC?