C# Exception Handling Best Practices
The best practices for Exception Handling in C# are based on logging the exception. The log should be to logging library to keep a record of the exceptions.
The following are the best practices you should follow while handling exceptions in C# −
- Log exceptions using log4net, NLog, and other frameworks used for the same purpose. Log exceptions to a file and send the log to various other targets like a database, email, etc.
- You should log every exception in your application. They help in finding the problems in the LOC.
- With logging exceptions, you need to also log the contextual details useful for troubleshooting exceptions.
- Use an exception-monitoring tool to manage and log exceptions. That would allow you to keep all the exceptions at a centralized location and uniquely identify it.
- With that, you will also get an option to view and search all exceptions added on all servers and applications.
Published on 24-Jul-2018 11:56:07