- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
27128-20 Compatibility check with 8085AH in 8085 Microprocessor
Let’s perform the memory compatibility check with respect to tAD, tLDR, and tRD parameters.
Compatibility with respect to tAD: The time interval between valid address on the addresses ranging from A15 to A0 and valid data on the addresses ranges from AD7 to AD0. For 8085AH the T state working is 320 nS, but it consists of a maximum of 575 nS. But here the valid data is available for 365 nS. So the speed of the memory is compatible, with an excess time margin of 575 nS - 365 nS = 210 nS.
Compatibility with respect to tLDR: The time interval between the edge of trailing of Arithmetic Logical Unit and valid data on the addresses ranging from AD7- a read operation. For 8085AH working with a T state of 320 nS, it is a maximum of 460 nS. The trailing edge of ALE occurs at 115 nS. Thus tLDR in this case is only 365 nS - 115 nS = 250 nS. Thus, the memory speed is compatible, with actually an excess time margin of 460 nS = 250 nS = 210 nS.
Compatibility with respect to tRD: The interval of time between the leading edge of RD* and the valid data on the addresses is equivalent to AD7-0. For the working with a T state of 320 nS, maximum of 300 nS is required. The RD* signal is activated by 8085 AH at 270 nS and the valid data available by it 365 nS.
Thus, 27128-20 EPROM chip is the speed compatible with 8085AH. So the 8085AH gets interfaced with the memory chips, which have the worst case specifications as shown below:
tAcc = 327 nS + 205 nS = 532 nS
tCE = 323 nS + 205 nS = 528 nS
tOE = 75 nS + 205 nS = 280 nS
Delays involved in accessing 27128 EPROM in ALS kit.
Bus timing characteristics of MR machine cycle
- Assessing compatibility of 27128-20 with 8085AH-2 in 8085 Microprocessor
- 20 Best Cross Browser Compatibility Testing Tools
- Interfacing ADC with 8085 Microprocessor
- Program to check for palindrome in 8085 Microprocessor
- Interfacing 8251 USART with 8085 Microprocessor
- Interfacing 8279 Keyboard with 8085 Microprocessor
- Interfacing 8279 Display with 8085 Microprocessor
- Microprocessor 8085 Architecture
- Interfacing 8253 (Timer IC) with 8085 Microprocessor
- Interface 8255 with 8085 microprocessor for addition
- Interfacing a simple keyboard with 8085 Microprocessor
- Interfacing a matrix keyboard with 8085 Microprocessor
- Addressing modes of 8085 in 8085 Microprocessor
- Registers of 8085 Microprocessor
- DAA instruction in 8085 Microprocessor