- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
20 Best Bug/Defect Tracking Tools
A bug/defect tracking tool is used to record, report, assign and track bugs or defects in a software development project.
This is one of the most popular bug and project tracking tool. It is simple to report the bugs or defects and track the history of issue updates and status changes. Development teams use this tool to improve team collaboration and for high-quality project delivery.
- Easy-to-use and simple
- Offers advanced search features
- Provides the full history of updates and status changes
- It has built-in Git and SVN
- Gantt Burndown charts
- Wikis and Watchlists
- Native mobile applications
- Kanban-styled boards for visual workflow
This tool is an ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) solution. It comes with integrated bug tracking functionalities. It helps manage the entire testing process, from the needs to tests, bugs and problems, with built-in end-to-end traceability.
- It automatically creates new incidents while the test scripts are still executing.
- It offers customizable incident fields that include statuses, priorities, defect types and severities.
- It can link bugs to other artifacts and incidents.
- It provides robust reports, searching and sorting, and an Audit log tracking change.
- Notifies the changes in the customized workflow status through emails.
- It reports issues and bugs through emails.
This tool provides an easy way to track bugs and manage website feedback. It provides pin bugs and feedback to elements of the website and records the technical information to help fix problems. It helps track the feedback tasks to their completion through the Kanban-styled task board.
- Easy-to-use and simple
- Point-and-click defect and feedback capture
- Captures technical information regarding OS, screen resolution, etc.
- Tracks and handles all the feedback and defects in one place with the Kanban-styled task board.
- Captures a screenshot or video every time a bug is reported
- Saves hours in quality and user acceptance testing of the websites and web apps
- Liked by the stakeholders
This tool has a spreadsheet style. It is used for managing multiple projects simultaneously. It helps business organizations manage workflows and enhance team collaboration. It lets automate actions through simple rules.
- Provides security, user management, and single-on capabilities for both team and project management.
- Offers solution building to fulfil business demands
- Customizable templates
- Seamless connection with the enterprise ecosystem
- Simplifies budget and planning
- Strong analytics and reporting
- Automation, input through web forms, proofing and approvals
This tool is highly customizable that helps create custom views. It is also used for project management. It helps in time management and task management and facilitates collaboration between business units. It helps assign and resolve comments to tasks. It also helps in setting priorities for the work.
- Filtered and easy search for a specific task
- Wide range of customizable templates
- Automatically imports documents from other applications
- Helps collaborate with other people
- Helps assign multiple tasks
- Helps sort tasks by project
- Synced with Google Calendar
This bug tracking tool enables us to analyze our performance and manage our project team in one place. It offers a flexible dashboard to enable easy visualization of data.
- Easy collaboration with others
- Daily work can be automated
- Seamless integration with Mailchimp, Google Calendar, Gmail, and many more
- Proper tracking of work progress
- We can work remotely
7. Zoho Bug Tracker
This powerful bug tracker helps view issues that are filtered by priority and severity. This tool enhances the productivity by knowing which bugs can reproduce. It also helps us create projects, bugs, milestone, reports, documents, etc. on a single platform. With this tool, we can automate reminders and notify team members easily.
- We can view bugs and integration
- It can issue trackers flexible workflow
- Issues are classified under different categories
This popular bug tracking tool is open-source and offers some of the great features such as −
- Notifies through E-mails for every change in code
- Charts, reports, and reviews
- Patch viewers
- Bugs can be listed in different formats
- Helps schedule daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Automatic detection of duplicate bugs
- Prioritizing the bugs by involving the clients
- Helps predict the time a bug may take to get fixed
It is one of the most popular bugs tracking tools. It is used by thousands of software professionals due to its easy-to-use framework. This commercial product helps capture and organize team problems. It also helps prioritize issues and updates them with the project. JIRA directly integrates with code development environments, thus making it a perfect choice for developers. It can track any type of issue; thus, it is used in other industries too. JIRA seamlessly supports agile projects. It offers multiple add-ons that make it more powerful than other bug tracking tools.
This tool is easier-to-use than other bug tracking tools. It comes as a web application and has its own mobile version. Mantis work with various databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, etc. and can be seamlessly integrated with other applications like chat, time tracking, wiki, RSS feeds, etc.
- Provides E-mail notifications
- Reports and graphs
- Integrated source control
- Customizable fields
- Time tracking management
- Can manage multiple projects per instance
- We can view issue change history and roadmap
- Can have unlimited users, issues, and projects
This open-source tool can integrate with SCM (Source Code Management) system. RedMine works with various platforms and databases. For reporting, it uses Gantt charts and Google Calendar. This project management web application was developed using Ruby on the Rail framework.
- Gantt Chart and Google Calendar
- Easy management of news, document and files
- SCM integration
- Creates issues through E-mails
- Supports multiple databases
- Issues tracking system is flexible
- Role-based access control is also flexible
- Supports multiple languages
This tool is a web-based open-source issue tracking system that was developed in Python language. Trac is a superior version of Wiki. It is used as an issue tracking tool in software development projects. It can also be used to browse through the code, view history and changes, etc. upon integrating it with SCM. It works with multiple platforms like Linux, Unix, macOS X, Windows, etc. It provides a timeline that shows all the current as well as the past events in order. It also provides a roadmap that highlights the upcoming milestones.
This bug-tracking tool is available for hosted as well as on-premise software. This tool is commonly used by Scrum teams. It enables project managers and software developers view each task, needs, bugs, and incidents in the system or individual filling cards, through the Scrum planning board. It helps manage user stories, bugs, support tickets and a real-time snapshot of the project progress.
- Provides Scrum planning board and burn down charts
- Helps managing requirements and also offers team wiki
- Comes with data visualization and SCM integration
- Clear reports
- Helps track incidents
14. Quality Centre
This product from HP is a complete test management solution and comes with an integrated bug tracking system. Its bug tracking mechanism is easy-to-use and very efficient. It also works with agile projects. However, it is quite expensive and may not be that friendly with all the web browsers.
This open-source bug tracking tool works with various languages. It is developed in PHP and supports various databases like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MS Server. It offers a flexible platform that involves various organizations by providing a central place for all project activities, to manage our project. eTraxis helps create multiple users and projects and view the bugs assigned simultaneously. It also offers custom workflows that helps manage project as per our requirements.
- Easy exchange of files
- Supports file attachment
- Filtering of issues is powerful
- Customizable workflows
- History of all past events
This is an open-source bug tracking tool. It is written in Asp.Net and needs MySQL as a database. It offers everything that we need to create projects, issues, and manage them effectively. BugNET is free, however its pro version is commercial.
- Notifications through E-mail
- Supports multiple projects and databases
- Highly secured
- Easy project and achievement management
- Easy navigation and administration
This is a web-based bug tracking tool that refers defects as cases. It prioritizes and organizes tasks in a single place. It comes with a powerful search engine that helps quickly search the complete content of cases, wiki articles, and client correspondence. It is compatible with iOS, Android, Blackberry, tablets, and iPads.
- Efficient bug tracking
- Quick creation of cases
- Help desk
- Automatically updates and upgrades
- Seamless integration with other tools
- Easy project management
- Effective time management
- Comes with integrated wiki
18. The Bug Genie
This bug tracking tool makes issue recording easy and fast. It lets add any number of custom fields to issues. It exports all searches ad project timeline in form of RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds. We can view issue related actions with a single click in the issue views and search list. It offers integrated quicksearch to quickly view issues. It also lets us search through wiki articles, users, project teams, and many more.
It is one of the perfect ticket tracking solutions. It is easy-to-use, organized, and supports mobile devices. It offers everything that we need to manage bugs, like custom states, tagging system, advanced search, saved search, mass editing tool. Lighthouse is compatible with useful services like Airbrake, GitHub, Exceptional, Beanstalk, etc. It also helps manage tickets through commit messages and convert the app exception into Lighthouse issues, with few clicks.
It is a commercial yet affordable bug tracking tool. It is commonly used by big companies who require high volume licensing with a minimum price. It can be accessed on cloud and can create an issue directly into the project.
- Can record unlimited bugs
- Comes with integrated E-mail and file attachments
- Updates multiple bugs simultaneously
- Bugs are directly submitted to the project by clients
- Highly secured
- Best Bug/Defect Tracking Tools
- 20 Best Automation Testing Tools
- The 5 Best Price Tracking Tools
- 20 Best Web Application Testing Tools
- 20 Best Cross Browser Compatibility Testing Tools
- Top 5 open source bug tracking system
- Best Automation Testing Tools
- 10 Best Exploratory Testing Tools
- Best Web Application Testing Tools
- The best presentation tools for business
- Best Online Tools for Compressing Images
- 10 Best Open Source Testing Tools
- 10 Best Test Data Generation Tools
- Best Cross Browser Compatibility Testing Tools
- Salesforce Testing Tutorial (What, Process, Best Practices,Tools)