- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why Kotlin will replace Java for Android App Development
While working with Kotlin, Java libraries and frameworks can be used. This can be done with the help of advanced frameworks, without having to change the whole project. Java and Kotlin co-exist and can be present in the same project.
Kotlin code can be placed inside Android Studio, without making the whole project in Kotlin.
It is an open source platform that also helps in quick development of projects. It is easy, and readable, and considerably requires lesser coding in comparison to Java.
Kotlin was developed by JetBrains, and IntelliJ is the IDE which Android Studio also uses.
Kotlin plugin can be installed and this will help Android Studio perform the required configurations for the project.
One of the important aims of Kotlin is to remove null references that could possibly be present in the code. This is also referred to as ‘The billion dollar mistake’.
On the other hand, Java has the ability to access a member that is a null reference, which results in an exception. This is also known as ‘NullPointerException’.
- How do I delete SharedPreferences data for my Android App using Kotlin?
- Working with RecyclerView in an Android App using Kotlin?
- How to resize Image in Android App using Kotlin?
- How to add new contacts in Android App using Kotlin?
- How to add calendar events in Android App using Kotlin?
- How to send HTML email using Android App using Kotlin?
- How to use AutoCompleteTextView in an Android App using Kotlin?
- What Are The Latest Mobile App Development Trends?
- How to create a WebView in an Android App using Kotlin?
- How to create Tab Layout in an Android App using Kotlin?
- How to create GridView Layout in an Android App using Kotlin?
- How to work with Camera in an Android App using Kotlin?
- How to call OnDestroy Activity in an Android App using Kotlin?
- How to use Volley Library to parse JSON in Android Kotlin App?
- How to create Text to Speech in an Android App using Kotlin?