- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why Android devices are more vulnerable to cyberattacks than iOS?
We all have been in or at least seen people argue over which is better, Android or iOS devices, both might have their pros and cons, but here we will be discussing the security aspects. Is Android more vulnerable to cyber-attacks than iOS? Let's find out.
With the rising number of cyber-criminal activities people around us, everyone takes security seriously. However, there have been a lot of improvements in both Android and apple security. Android is still more vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Some of the reasons for the vulnerability is discussed below.
Security in the App Market
Apple has App Store, where apps are thoroughly vetted before being made available to customers, has kept iOS users safe from viruses. The App Store gives users confidence that the products they download have been thoroughly evaluated and certified by Apple as a centralized point of distribution.
Apple does not usually provide such information; thus, any evidence of hazardous virus appearing in the App Store is anecdotal at best. However, because Apple does not make APIs available to developers, it's safe to infer that the iOS operating system has fewer flaws.
Google, like Apple, has a controlled store for mobile apps called Google Play. However, Android's ability to install programs from third-party sources compensates for this. This gives users access to an even more significant number of programs, exposing them to a greater danger of an attack.
Android 5.0 and later versions offer full-disk encryption, whereas Android 7.0 and later versions support file-based encryption. Still, in the case of iOS devices, encryption in both hardware and software is done using a 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) crypto engine.
Software and Security Updates
Software updates and security updates in Android do not come as soon as in iOS because, like Apple, not only one company hosts the entire devices, so there are a lot of factors such as companies, models, your current version, etc. It also does not deliver security updates to Android versions lower than 4.4.4, resulting in security flaws in those versions. On the other hand, Apple offers all of its users with regular security updates.
Threat of Malware
Malware, trojans, and viruses have a small probability of infiltrating the system because there is no other alternative for downloading except the app store and other trusted sources on iOS devices. But since Android does not verify the source of download and the software or app is downloaded, there is a high risk of malware and virus entering the system.
Format of Data Storage
Android has external storage that can be accessed by malicious code. Apple has no external storage and makes it challenging for malicious software to access internal storage.
- What is Heartbleed Bug? (How it Works, Vulnerable Devices, How to Prevent
- Are dogs more loyal than cats?Jusify
- Why are women more prone to Calcium Deficiency?
- Why are women smarter than men?
- What are the economic impacts of Cyberattacks?
- How can iOS Causes Breakdown in Great Devices?
- Are kids more socially skillful than we adults?
- Why do Effective Interest Rates yield more than Nominal Interest Rates?
- Why is it important to secure IoT devices?
- What are Peripheral Devices?
- How are iOS and Android similar? How are they different?
- Why Char array is more secure (store sensitive data) than String in Java?
- MySQL query to count where more than three columns values are true?
- What are Network Connecting Devices?
- Is Microsoft more successful than Apple?