- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of these options are not functions of ribosomes?
(i) It helps in manufacture of protein molecules
(ii) It helps in manufacture of enzymes
(iii) It helps in manufacture of hormones
(iv) It helps in manufacture of starch molecules.
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (iii) and (iv)
(d) (iv) and (i)
Correct Answer: (None) (All options are incorrect) Only (iv) is incorrect
The ribosome is an important organelle of the cell responsible for protein synthesis. Ribosomes were first described by George E. Palade in 1955.
Ribosomes are present in free form in both prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. They are also found attached to the outer surface of the rough endoplasmic reticulum to help the endoplasmic reticulum in the production and movement of proteins.The size of the ribosome varies based on the size of the cell.
Function: Ribosome plays a very important role in protein synthesis.
Ribosomes help in the manufacture of protein molecules such as enzymes, and hormones.
Ribosomes do not help in the manufacturing of starch molecules as starch is a carbohydrate.
- How YouTube helps you Earn Money?
- What are the different types of stylish bottoms for women which I may not know of?
- How Hover Camera Helps in Taking Drone Selfies
- What are the natural sources of protein?
- How does Neem plant helps to prevent diseases?
- I find ragi bitter in taste. Are there any ways to consume it such that it does not taste bitter?
- How ANALYZE TABLE statement helps in maintaining the MySQL tables?
- How do I enumerate functions of a Python class?
- Why it shows 0 instead of empty string whenever I insert an empty string into a MySQL column which is declared as NOT NULL?
- Can I change the text of options for SELECT via code in ABAP?
- How can I create a python directory if it does not exist?
- Rearrangement of a number which is also divisible by it in C++
- Demerits of I/O-mapped I/O and merits of memory-mapped I/O
- Merits of I/O-mapped I/O and demerits of memory-mapped I/O
- What kind of jobs are there in the IT sector?
- Maximize the sum of arr[i]*i in C++