- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Where do you like to see yourself after five years from now?
When you are attending an Interview, at some point in time, you can expect this question "Where do you see yourself in five years?”
When a hiring manager asks you this, there will be quite a few things running through your head like "Moving up in the career", "That side of the table", "Working for myself", "Heading this Organization" etc.,
Why do they ask this question?
The interviewer might want to understand more about your career goals and check whether you are motivated, proactive and like to stick around and check how this position would fit into your grand plan.
How to answer this Question?
In reality, you are probably considering a few different potential career paths. It’s smart for you to keep your options open to a certain extent. However, you don’t have to advertise this fact in your job interviews.
Let’s be clear. We should never lie or boast during a job interview, neither you should reveal all the options you are exploring.
So, what should you say?
Before you attend the interview, researching the scope of the job helps you answer this question. Give a specific answer to the question based on the facts.
Stress your interest in a long-term career at the company. Hiring Manager looks for a person who has intentions to stay for a longer period, and grow with the company. Do not look like a job hopper.
Show your enthusiasm and willingness to take up this job. Your long-term goals will demonstrate your enthusiasm for the job as an exciting next step for you. It shows your motivation and willingness to work.
- How do you imagine world after 100 years?
- Do you see any change in the society after the Nirbhaya case?
- How do you OR two MySQL LIKE statements?
- How do you force MySQL LIKE to be case sensitive?
- My kid is now 2 years old and he has not got any molar, what to do?
- Display dates after NOW() + 10 days from a MySQL table?
- How can you motivate yourself for regular exercise?
- How can you protect yourself against Web threats?
- How do you select from MySQL where last value in a string = x?
- How to Protect Yourself from ATM Skimming?
- Can you now ask Amazon Alexa to make playlists for you?
- How to recognize and protect yourself from Cybercrime?
- Why do people always advise you to cry after a tragedy?
- Five Signs That You Should Quit Your Job!
- How to prove yourself right in office while everybody considers you wrong?