- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What to press ctrl +f on a page in Selenium with python?
We can perform the action of pressing ctrl+f keys in Selenium. There are multiple special Keys available that enable the act of pressing keys via a keyboard like ctrl+c, ctrl+v, ctrl+f and many more. These special Keys are a part of selenium.webdriver.common.keys.Keys class.
key_up() – This method releases a modifier key. The key_up() method is a part of Action Chains class and used to release a key pressed via key_down(). This method is widely used for coping and pasting actions via (ctrl+c, ctrl+v).
In order to carry out this action, we need to first press the ctrl key downwards and simultaneously press the F key. These two steps can be automated by key_up() method and can only be used along with Shift, Alt and Control keys.
Here args1 is the key to be sent. The key is defined in Keys class.
The args2 parameter is the element to send keys. If omitted, it shall send a key to the element which is presently in focus.
Code Implementation to press ctrl+f.
from selenium import webdriver from selenium.webdriver import ActionChains from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys #browser exposes an executable file #Through Selenium test we will invoke the executable file which will then #invoke actual browser driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") # to maximize the browser window driver.maximize_window() #get method to launch the URL driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/about/about_careers.htm") #to refresh the browser driver.refresh() # action chain object creation a = ActionChains(driver) # perform the ctrl+f pressing action a.key_down(Keys.CONTROL).send_keys('F').key_up(Keys.CONTROL).perfo rm() #to close the browser driver.close()
- What to press ctrl +c on a page in Selenium with python?
- Key press in (Ctrl+A) Selenium WebDriver.
- Save a Web Page with Python Selenium
- Finding text on page with Selenium 2
- How to check a checkbox in a page in Selenium with python?
- How to select a radio button in a page in Selenium with python?
- How to perform scrolling action on page in Selenium?
- How to get the complete screenshot of a page in Selenium with python?
- Take screenshot of full page with Selenium Python with chromedriver.
- How to click on a link in Selenium with python?
- How to identify elements based on text visible on page in Selenium?
- How to count the number of checkboxes in a page in Selenium with python?
- What are the methods available for handling static dropdowns in a page in Selenium with python?
- How to find the status of an element in a page in Selenium with python?