- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is unsigned in MySQL?
Unsigned allows us to enter positive value; you cannot give any negative number. Let us create a table to understand unsigned in MySQL. To create a table, we will use the CREATE command.
Let us create a table −
mysql> CREATE table UnsignedDemo -> ( -> id int unsigned -> ); Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.61 sec)
After that I will insert only positive values. Let us insert some records −
mysql> INSERT into UnsignedDemo values(124); Query OK, 1 row affected (0.09 sec) mysql> INSERT into UnsignedDemo values(78967); Query OK, 1 row affected (0.14 sec)
I am displaying all the records with the help of SELECT command −
mysql> SELECT * from UnsignedDemo;
The following is the output
+-------+ | id | +-------+ | 124 | | 78967 | +-------+ 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
Now, we will try to insert only negative values. But while doing this, we will get the following error, since the column ‘id’ is unsigned −
mysql> INSERT into UnsignedDemo values(-124); ERROR 1264 (22003): Out of range value for column 'id' at row 1
- What is the Maximum Value of smallint(6) unsigned in MySQL?
- What happens when a negative value is inserted to UNSIGNED column in MySQL?
- What is an unsigned char in C++?
- What does “unsigned” in MySQL mean and when to use it?
- Convert varchar to unsigned integer in MySQL
- How to understand if a bigint is signed or unsigned in MySQL?
- What are signed and unsigned keywords in C++?
- Unsigned binary integers
- How do I multiply an unsigned int by -1 on a MySQL SELECT?
- Unsigned and Signed Binary Numbers
- Add two unsigned numbers using bits in C++.
- Difference between signed and unsigned integer in Arduino
- Restoring Division Algorithm For Unsigned Integer in C++
- ConvertDecimal to equivalent 32-bit unsigned integer in C#