- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
What is the Platform as a Service (PaaS)?
PaaS represents Platform as a Service. It is a cloud computing service that uses virtualization to provide an application development platform to developers or organizations.
This platform contains computing, memory, storage, database, and several application development services. PaaS solutions can be used to create an application for internal use or provided for sale.
PaaS technology provides a company virtual infrastructure, including data centers, servers, storage, and network supplies, plus a middle layer of software, which contains tools for developing apps.
Types of PaaS
There are the following types of PaaS which are as follows −
The development platform is created on infrastructure that is continued for restricted use by an individual organization including multiple users. The infrastructure can be owned, handled, and managed by the organization, a third party, or some consolidation, and it can exist on or off-premises.
The development platform is constructed on infrastructure provisioned for use by several organizations (also known as a multi-tenant model). The infrastructure can be owned, handled, and managed by a business, academic, or government organization, or some consolidation. It happens on the premises of the cloud provider.
The development platform is constructed across both the public cloud and private cloud. The two cloud models continue with specific entities but are obligated together by standardized or proprietary technology that allows information and software flexibility. It is generally used for PaaS solutions.
Traditional computing requirements have not gone off. Businesses required bandwidth, storage, and data processing services. Instead of buying bundled services, it can contract for single software for these computing requirements. Flickr is an example of photo storage that enables us to save our images in one location and it is delivered as a PaaS.
Various services allow us to use applications through APIs. For example, YouTube and Twitter would be two famous examples of web applications as PaaS.
Multiple social applications enable us to merge into your websites, either on the public end or the back end. An example contains Facebook, Ning, and BuddyPress.
Middleware defines the software that promotes user-facing applications and a machine’s operating system. PaaS vendors provide middleware so that users can execute requests like form submissions on web browsers or allow internet servers to restore pages based on the customer profile. It is important for running and supporting the communication of data and information between applications, but end-users don’t connect with it directly.
- Related Articles
- What is PaaS (Platform-As-A-Service) in Cloud Computing?
- The Best IoT Platform as a Service Solution
- What is Testing as a Service (TaaS Model)?
- What is SaaS (Software as a Service) in Cloud Computing?
- What are the dangers of ransomware as a service (RaaS)?
- Red Hat Updates OpenShift Container Platform with New Service Catalog
- What is the best cryptocurrency trading platform?
- What Is Google Cloud Platform?
- What is a connection oriented service?
- What is an Application Enablement Platform?
- Is Flutter a stable platform to develop cross platform application?
- Microsoft Cloud PC Explained: What’s Desktop-as-a-Service?
- What is a Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP)?
- What are the requirements for a server platform?
- Is the Python platform independent?