- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
What is the difference between Web Conferencing and Video Conferencing?
Let us understand the concept of web conferencing.
Web conferencing is a simple term for several kinds of technologies that enable two or more people from multiple areas to hold a live conference over the Internet. Web conferencing usually takes place over the web using TCP/IP connections.
It was created as an enhanced audio bridge with images. It makes it possible to send presentations with audio participants placed around the globe, and its features, such as recording and presenter video, make it great for the dissemination of data from few to many. It can be used for smaller conferences, but it loses the features that today’s savvy user has to appear to anticipate with collaboration tools.
Types of Web Conferencing
There are three types of web conferencing which are as follows −
A webcast is a live broadcast over the web that does not enable some communication with the audience.
A webinar is an online event that supports limited choices for communication between a presenter and their viewers such as chat, polls, Q&As.
A peel-level web conference is a virtual event where participants can communicate with each other and the host via audio and video. Some participants can turn into a presenter.
Video conferencing is a technology that allows users in multiple areas to influence a face-to-face conference without having to change to an individual area together. This technology is specifically beneficial for business users in several cities or even multiple countries because it saves time, expenses, and hassles associated with business travel.
Multipoint video conferencing enables three or more participants to sit in a virtual meeting room and interact as if they were sitting right next to each other. In the 1990s, the hardware costs built by video conferencing were extremely high-priced for most organizations, but that situation is changing very quickly.
The major benefit of Video conferencing over teleconferencing is that users can view each other, which enables them to develop powerful relationships. When a video conference is held for informal objectives, it is known as a video call or video chat.
There are a variety of methods video conferencing can be organized. Individuals can use web cameras linked to our development into laptops, tablets, or desktop computers.
Smartphones equipped with cameras can also be used to attach for video conferences. In this example, a software-based platform generally can transmit the communication over Internet protocols.
Some businesses use enthusiastic video conferencing rooms that have been equipped with state-of-the-art cameras and screens to ensure the conversation is clear and with limited technical liability. Third-party providers install and congregate the hardware required to organize the video conference.
- Related Articles
- Video Conferencing Protocols
- Chat Conferencing Protocols
- Difference between Deep Web and Dark Web
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server.
- What is the difference between SOAP and RESTful Web Services in information security?
- Difference Between Web page and Website
- Difference between Microservices and Web Services
- Difference Between Handbrake and Freemake Video Converter
- Difference between Graphics Card and Video Card
- Explain the difference between Dark Web Vs Deep Web?
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference between Web Server and Application Server
- Difference Between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Difference between data mining and web mining?