- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between SENSITIVE and INSENSITIVE scrollable CURSOR with syntax
The INSENSITIVE SCROLLABLE CURSOR are sort of read only cursors in which the result table cannot change once the cursor is opened. The other applications also cannot update the INSENSITIVE SCROLLABLE CURSOR once it is opened. The SENSITIVE SCROLLABLE CURSOR, unlike INSENSITIVE are sensitive to changes made in the result table. The changes made by other applications will be reflected in the result table.
We can declare SENSITIVE and INSENSITIVE SCROLLABLE CURSOR like below.
EXEC SQL DECLARE ORDER_CURR SENSITIVE SCROLL CURSOR FOR SELECT ORDER_ID, ORDER_DATE FROM ORDERS WHERE ORDER_DATE = ‘2020-07-29’ END-SQL
EXEC SQL DECLARE ORDER_CURR INSENSITIVE SCROLL CURSOR FOR SELECT ORDER_ID, ORDER_DATE FROM ORDERS WHERE ORDER_DATE = ‘2020-07-29’ END-SQL
- Related Articles
- Write the syntax to declare a scrollable cursor on the ORDERS DB2 table.
- What is the purpose and usage of SCROLLABLE CURSOR in COBOLDB2 program?
- What is the usage of scrollable cursor for absolute positioning?
- What is the usage of scrollable cursor for current positioning?
- Is Python case-sensitive or case-insensitive?
- What is the difference between Parse Tree and the Syntax Tree?
- Difference Between Syntax and Semantics
- How to achieve case sensitive uniqueness and case insensitive search in MySQL?
- How can you move the cursor in scrollable result sets in JDBC?
- What is the difference between the manner in which movement takes place in a sensitive plant and the movement in our legs?
- Is RowSet Scrollable? Explain with an example?
- What is Context-sensitive Grammar?
- What is Syntax Tree?
- What is the difference between EXECUTE IMMEDIATE and EXECUTE WITH PREPARE in DB2?
- What is update operation on the cursor having JOIN between 2 tables?