- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the currently correct way to dynamically update plots in Jupyter/iPython?
We can first activate the figure using plt.ion() method. Then, we can update the plot with different sets of values.
Create fig and ax variables using subplots method, where default nrows and ncols are 1.
Draw a line, using plot() method.
Set the color of line, i.e., orange.
Activate the interaction, using plt.ion() method.
To make the plots interactive, change the line coordinates.
In : %matplotlib auto Using matplotlib backend: GTK3Agg In : import matplotlib.pyplot as plt # Diagram will get popped up. Let’s update the diagram. In : fig, ax = plt.subplots() # Drawing a line In : ax.plot(range(5)) In : plt.ion() # updating figures with new lines. In : ax.plot([1, 3, 4], [4, 6, 1])
- Displaying rotatable 3D plots in IPython or Jupyter Notebook
- How to dynamically update a plot in a loop in Ipython notebook?
- Best way to display Seaborn/Matplotlib plots with a dark iPython Notebook profile
- What is the correct way to define class variables in Python?
- What is the correct way to check if String is empty in Java?
- What is the correct way to implement a custom popup Tkinter dialog box?
- What is the correct way to replace matplotlib tick labels with computed values?
- What is the correct way to use printf to print a size_t in C/C++?
- The correct way to work with HTML5 checkbox
- What is the correct way to pass an object with a custom exception in Python?
- The correct way to trim a string in Java.
- What is the fastest way to update the whole document (all fields) in MongoDB?
- How to display print statements interlaced with Matplotlib plots inline in iPython?
- How do I get interactive plots again in Spyder/Ipython/matplotlib?