- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the Babinet’s principle which is the basic for Slot Antenna?
Babinet’s Principle is actually the principle used in optics. According to its definition,
“When the field behind a screen with an opening is added to the field of a complementary structure, the sum is equal to the field when there is no screen”
The images clearly explain the principle. In all the regions, which are non-collinear with the beam, the above two screens, in figure 1 & 2, produce the same diffraction pattern.
Consider a light source and a conducting plane (field) with an aperture before a screen. The light does not pass through the opaque area but passes through the aperture.
Consider the light source and a conducting plane of the size of the aperture in the previous case, being held against the screen. The light does not pass through the plane but does through the remaining portion.
Combine these two conducting planes of both the cases and put before the light source. The screen is not placed to observe the resultant combination. The effect of the screen gets nullified.
In Slot Antenna
When an infinite conducting sheet is made a rectangular cut and the fields are excited in the aperture (which is called as a slot), such a thing can be termed as a Slot Antenna.
An Infinite plane conducting screen is taken and pierced with apertures of desired shape and size and this will be the screen of a slot antenna. Another screen is considered interchanging the places of aperture and screen area which is the complementary screen.
These two screens are said to be complementary as they result in the complete infinite metal screen. Now, this becomes the slot antenna which is an example of an aperture antenna. The terminal impedance is quite desirable for the radiation.
- What is the Revenue Recognition Principle?
- What is the principle behind wireless charging?
- What is a Half Wave Dipole Antenna?
- What is basic syntax of Python for Loops?
- What is the principle involved in the flight of an aircraft?
- What is Basic Communication Model?
- What is Basic block scheduling?
- What is the basic structure of a C# program?
- What is the basic minimal structure of HTML document?
- What is the basic method of attribute subset selection?
- What is the basic operation of pandas Series.factorize() function?
- Which is the best saving plan for women?
- What is Accrual Principle in Accounting?
- What is the basic operation of the series.eq() method in pandas?
- What is the basic operation of the series.equals() method in pandas?