- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is pytest and what are its advantages?
Pytest is a test framework in python. To install pytest, we need to use the command pip install pytest. After installation, we can verify if python has been installed by the command pytest –version. The version of pytest shall be known.
Pytest can be used for creating and executing test cases. It can be used in wide range testing API, UI, database and so on. The test file of pytest has a naming convention that it starts with test_ or ends with _test keyword and every line of code should be inside a method which should have a name starting with test keyword. Also each method should have a unique name.
def test_f(): print("Tutorialspoint")
To run the above code, we need to move to the terminal and use the command py.test. However this will not give much details from an execution point of view. To get information on execution we should use the command py.test –v. Here v stands for verbose.
In order to print the console logs, we need to use the command py.test –v –s. Again, if we want to run tests from a specific pytest file, the command is py.test <filename> -v.
The advantages of pytest framework are listed below −
Pytest is capable of executing multiple test cases simultaneously, thereby reducing the execution duration.
Pytest is capable of skipping a test method from a group of test methods during execution.
Pytest is free and does not have licensing cost.
Pytest is quick and easy to learn.
Pytest can choose to run a particular test method or all the test methods of a particular test file based on conditions.
Pytest is capable of skipping a few test methods out of all the test methods during test execution.
Pytest can be used to test a wide range of applications on API, database and so on.
- Related Articles
- What is silviculture? What are its advantages?
- What are K-Percent Rule and its advantages?
- What is crop rotation, and its advantages?
- What are fixtures in Pytest?
- What is OLAP? Explain its advantages and disadvantages
- What is a Pytest framework?
- What is the hedge ratio? Explain its advantages and disadvantages.
- What is wind energy? Mention its two advantages.
- What are carbohydrates? What are their advantages and disadvantages?
- What are the stages in operating a petty cash fund and its advantages?
- What is Osteoporosis and what are its effects?
- What is Multiplexing and what are its types?
- What is anaemia and what are its effects?
- What is Spoofing and what are its types?
- What is force and what are its types?