- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Multicore Programming?
Multicore programming helps to create concurrent systems for deployment on multicore processor and multiprocessor systems. A multicore processor system is basically a single processor with multiple execution cores in one chip. It has multiple processors on the motherboard or chip. A Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) is might be included in a multiprocessor system. A FPGA is an integrated circuit containing an array of programmable logic blocks and a hierarchy of reconfigurable interconnects. Input data is processed by to produce outputs. It can be a processor in a multicore or multiprocessor system, or a FPGA.
The multicore programming approach has following advantages −
Multicore and FPGA processing helps to increase the performance of an embedded system.
Also helps to achieve scalability, so the system can take advantage of increasing numbers of cores and FPGA processing power over time.
Concurrent systems that we create using multicore programming have multiple tasks executing in parallel. This is known as concurrent execution. When multiple parallel tasks are executed by a processor, it is known as multitasking. A CPU scheduler, handles the tasks that execute in parallel. The CPU implements tasks using operating system threads. So that tasks can execute independently but have some data transfer between them, such as data transfer between a data acquisition module and controller for the system. Data transfer occurs when there is a data dependency.
- Programming challenges in multicore systems
- What is C# Programming?
- What is Java Programming?
- What is Programming Language?
- What is multithreaded programming?
- What is C++ programming language?
- What is Perl Programming Language?
- What is object-oriented programming (OOP)?
- What is the difference between Object oriented programming and Object based programming?
- What is Data Hiding in Python Object Oriented Programming?
- What is factors which affect the implementation of programming language?
- what is the hierarchical structure of programming languages in compiler design?
- How is Rust programming language used?
- What are Closures in Lua Programming?