- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
What is Cyber Security and what are its types?
Cyber Security defines the technologies, procedures, and practices created to protect networks, devices, apps, and data from any type of cyber-attacks. Cyber security can be defined as information technology (IT) security.
Cyber Security is all about preserving your devices and network from unauthorized access or alteration. The internet is not only the essential source of data, but it is also a channel through which people do business.
The goal of cyber security is to protect computers, networks, and software programs from such cyber attacks. Most of these digital attacks are aimed at assessing, altering, or removing sensitive data; extracting money from victims; or interfering with normal business operations.
Types of Cyber Security
The types of cyber security are as follows −
The main objective of Information security is to protect the users' private data from unauthorized access, identity fraud. It protects the privacy of information and hardware that manages, saves, and transmits that information. Examples of Information security contain User Authentication and Cryptography.
Application security goals to protect software applications from vulnerabilities that appear because of the flaws in application design, development, installation, and update or maintenance procedure.
Malware can define the malicious application, involving spyware, ransomware, and viruses. It generally breaches networks through a vulnerability, such as clicking on a suspicious email connection or installing risky software. Once inside a network, malware can receive sensitive data, further make more harmful software throughout the framework, and can even block access to vital business network elements.
The main objective of Network security is to protect the usage, integrity, and security of a network, associated elements, and data transmitted over the network. When a network is achieved, potential threats get blocked from introducing or extended on that network.
An example of Network Security contains Antivirus and Antispyware programs, a firewall that blocks unauthorized access to a network, and VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) used for secure remote access.
It is a type of cyber security threat that contains the stealing of personal data of the victims from social media websites including Facebook, Instagram, etc., and using that data to construct an image of the victims. If adequate sensitive data is assembled it can enable the cybercriminal to impersonate you in some method.
It is a type of cyber security threat that contains a hacking attempt by hackers to crack the passwords of the user. With the support of a hacking device, hackers can introduce several passwords a second to crack the victim’s account credentials and grow access. Hackers can also implement password attacks on a computer login screen to boost access to a victim's computer and the data saved in it.
- Related Articles
- What is meant cyber crime? What are its different types?
- What are the different types of Cyber Security Threats?
- What is Cyber Security and Cyber Crimes?
- What is the difference between Software Security and Cyber Security?
- What Are Logic Bombs in Cyber Security?
- What is Cyber Crime and Mobile Security Threat?
- What is Scavenging in Cyber Security?
- What is Multiplexing and what are its types?
- What is Spoofing and what are its types?
- What is force and what are its types?
- What are the Automation Trends in Cyber Security?
- What are the Challenges in Establishing Cyber Security?
- What are the Legal Requirement for Cyber Security?
- What is the difference between Cryptography and Cyber Security?
- What is Intrusion Detection in Cyber Security?