- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is corporate restructuring?
Corporate restructuring is a process, where the entity modifies its capital structure or operations. Corporate restructuring is preferred, if there are significant problems in the financials of the corporation and to enhance their performances. Change in ownership is also one of the causes for corporate restructuring. Financial and legal experts are hired to assist in the process.
The reasons for corporate restructuring are as follows −
Change in strategy.
No profits for a long time.
More cash flow requirements.
The characteristics of corporate restructuring are as follows −
Improves balance sheet.
Reduction of staff.
Change in management.
Disposing assets (underutilized).
Labor contracts renegotiations.
The aspects to consider for the corporate restructuring are as follows −
Funding and valuations.
Tax and stamp issues.
Types of strategies
The types of strategies used in corporate restructuring are as follows −
Merger − Combining of two or more entities into a new entity.
Demerger − Two or more companies combined to form a single company for synergy benefit.
Reverse merger − Unlisted companies converted into listed companies without going for initial public offering (IPO).
Disinvestment − Sell out liquidates/subsidiaries.
Acquisition − Company acquires another company by taking complete control.
Joint venture − Two or more companies formed into single companies for financial act.
Strategic alliance − Two or more companies will go for a collaborative agreement.
Slump sale − Companies transfer one or more undertakings.
The types of corporate restructuring are as follows −
Financial restructuring − Alters equity, debt servicing, equity and gross holding patterns to get profits and sustain in the market.
Organizational restructuring − Change in hierarchy, employee downsizing, redesigning job descriptions/posts etc.
- What is debt restructuring in financial restructuring?
- What is equity restructuring in financial restructuring?
- What is organizational restructuring?
- What is the difference between reorganization and restructuring?
- What is Levered Beta in Corporate Finance?
- What is Free Cash Flow in Corporate Finance?
- What do you mean by corporate culture?
- What are the characteristics of corporate finance?
- What are Issue Costs in Corporate Finance?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned being in the corporate world?
- Corporate Flight Bookings in Python
- To what extent are body tattoos acceptable in corporate offices?
- Mention the difference between corporate strategy and business strategy.
- What is Java API and what is its use?
- What is DatabaseMetaData in JDBC? What is its significance?