- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Business Intelligence?
Business Intelligence is a collection of procedures, mechanisms, and technologies that modifies raw data into significant information that drives cost-effective business services. It is a collection of software and services to modify data into actionable intelligence and recognition. BI has an unambiguous impact on an organization’s methods, tactical and operational business decisions. BI supports fact-based decision-making using historical data rather than assumptions and gut feelings.
BI tools implement data analysis and make documents, summaries, dashboards, maps, graphs, and charts to support users with detailed intelligence about the feature of the business.
Business Intelligence is one of the most dynamic tools many organizations use to know their user base and industry better. It defines the business methodology in which the raw information is transformed into useful data which support decision making.
Business intelligence has wide software, and if talking about the advantage of business intelligence in the retail sector, current business intelligence tools allow organizations to take benefit of information not only to consider current sales but also to estimate future potential, patterns, trends and understand the demand of the user on a deeper level.
Methods of Business Intelligence
The methods of business intelligence are as follows −
Data analysis visualization − Data analysis visualization is all about how it visualizes the data. It presents records on dashboards and uses customized metrics associated with the business to create better decisions based on facts.
Reporting − Business intelligence tools are used for reporting information gathering from all the sources and processing it to enable better reporting and financial decision making with a rational mind.
Predictive Analytics − Predictive analytics is that how do you learn an action will work? The fact is you don't learn, and if you learn, not 100 percent. However, with business intelligence, it can make an evidence-based decision to drive business further. Business intelligence allows us to create a reasonable prediction of the current trends and user behaviors that impact the organization's complete development.
Data Mining − Data mining is a computer-supported technique to reveal previously anonymous or unnoticed relations between data entities. Data mining is the procedure of discovering useful new correlations, designs, and trends by sharing through a high amount of data saved in the warehouse, using pattern recognition technologies such as statistical and numerical approaches.
It is the analysis of factual datasets to discover unsuspected relationships and to summarize the records in novel methods that are both logical and helpful to the data owner.
- What is the difference between Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics?
- Business Intelligence as a Career Option?
- Business Intelligence (BI) Testing with Sample Test Cases
- What is Business Analysis and What does a Business Analyst Do?
- What is emotional intelligence and why do you need it?
- What is Cybersecurity Business Continuity Planning (BCP)?
- What are some widely used intelligence apps?
- What are the Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence?
- What is the best iOS apps for business?
- Culture and Intelligence
- What is definition of business finance and explain its types?
- What is the role of relationships in a successful business?
- What is the use of data mining in business sectors?
- Moving Towards Artificial Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence: Meaning & Significance