- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is an Enterprise database security in information security?
Enterprise security is a multi-faceted concern that involves both the internal or proprietary business secrets of a company and the employee and user data associated to privacy laws. Enterprise security is targeted on data center, networking, and network server operations in practice, but technically start with human resources.
Social engineering is the base cause of as many as two-thirds of some successful hacking attacks according to some security researchers. In social engineering attacks, weaknesses in human description, employee integrity, or personal gullibility are exploited by attackers to gain access to a web or data resources.
Automated hacking attacks are script-driven and target data center resources including web servers and online applications on a continual basis through input entry points including login screens, contact forms, search-to-database queries, and backend management processes.
An examples of script bot attacks are MySQL injection hacks and cross-site scripting exploits. The ability to send program to a server through unsecured forms can lead to the loss of a whole database including some table information, passwords, and sensitive user financial data.
The importance of enterprise security can be viewing at the importance of encryption in web communications. When an email is sent, or a user password is entered to login to a website, the data is sent point-to-point through a sequence of third-party channels where it can potentially be intercepted and read by malicious users with unauthorized access unless encrypted.
The threat contains unauthorized agents using packet sniffing software installed on the telecom network, the ISP, or local WIFI channels. Some value of information sent over these connections can vary, no enterprise company or other complex organization would be willing to have their trade secrets, user communication, and internal discussions supported by third-parties with malicious intent on open channels.
There are some troubles with security for enterprise databases, far more than the IT market can be concerned to acknowledge. These security disclosures stem from the following architectural concerns −
Multiple entry points − Unlike a customary centralized database, web-based databases have various entry points. These entry points includes web servers, VPN access, app server access and access to databases through internet portal protocols. When dealing with accurately thousands of entry points, special care needed to be taken to insure that damaging viruses are not learned into the system.
Weakest link problem − The modern publicity regarding security holes in enterprise security underscores the weakest link problem. When dealing with such a several entry points and platforms, the complete system security is only as secured as the weakest link in the federation.
Web-based databases − Database that are configured to allows external communications from multiple web portals face an outstanding data security challenge. Hacker can always try to hack into web portals, finally locating a weakness in the web Services architecture.
- Related Articles
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What is Mobile Database Security in information security?
- What is the principles of database security in information security?
- What is the need of database security in information security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- What is Security Model in information security?
- What is an Information Security Metrics?
- What Is Network Security Management in information security?
- What is Security Metrics Management in information security?
- What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
- What is Information Security?
- What is an Access Control in Information Security?