- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a smartwatch? How is it different from other wearable devices?
The smart watch is a new revolutionary product which is completely different from the authentic watches we wear. It is pretty much similar to the smart phone we use in today's life.
A smart watch is capable of displaying the messages, giving call alerts, GPS tracking and through few smart watches, we can be able to attend a call by the use of a microphone and a small speaker present in the smart watch without having to actually take the mobile out of our pockets.
The Smart Watch can be connected to Wi-Fi to keep it updated. When Wi-Fi is not available it switches to the mobile data used on your mobile.
The Smart watch and Mobile can be connected through either Bluetooth or can be synced using Wi-Fi.
The Timex Datalink was the very first watch to download the data from a computer wirelessly, this was in 1994.
The Datalink was Co-developed with Microsoft with the use of very ingenious technologies. This was capable of encoding information that was helped in transferring which then was detected by a sensor embedded in the Datalink.
The Datalink was a hallmark of scientific ingenuity and was even employed by NASA in various space travel missions.
This was also Microsoft’s first innovation into the market in the area of smart watches.
The first smart watch to make a call
Samsung was one of the few companies to have introduced smart watch to the android market.
The first smart watch capable of making calls was made by Samsung. This happened way back in 1999.
The SPH-WP10 featured a monochrome LCD screen and was capable of 90 minutes of talk time with its integrated speaker and microphone.
The company gave up its smart watch efforts soon after but once it recognized the potential of the industry a few years ago, it quickly invested in the field again.
The Introduction of Apple Watch
After a long period of time, here comes Apple, with their style of groundbreaking technology. Apple introduced The "APPLE WATCH" in 2015 and as usual, changed the game of smart watches.
This little machine was capable of doing so many tasks it left people awestruck. It was loaded with a gyroscope, an accelerometer, Heart rate sensor and what not!
The apps on your mobile can be accessed through your Apple watch making it the best in the market.
Nowadays most of the smart watches are able to calculate your heart-rate, the calories you burn and what not.
All these aspects make the Smart watches stand out from the regular wearable accessories.
- What is the foreseeable future of WEARABLE DEVICES?
- What is Natural Therapy? How is it different from other forms of medicines?
- Wearable devices exploring the benefits
- What is a Python module? How is it different from libraries?
- What is Cyber Terrorism? How is it different from Hacktivism?
- What is Information Assurance? How Is It Different from Information Security?
- What is a Passive Attack and How is it different from an Active Attack?
- What is Risk Mitigation? How Is It Different from Cyber Risk Management?
- What is formula unit mass? How is it different from molecular mass?
- Who is a Cracker and how is it different from Hacking?
- What is Heartbleed Bug? (How it Works, Vulnerable Devices, How to Prevent
- What is MySQL HEX() function and how it is different from CONV() function?
- What is Reinforcement Learning? How is it different from supervised and unsupervised learning?
- What is Web 3.0 & how it is different from Web 1.0 & Web 2.0?
- What is Shallow Copy and how it is different from Deep Copy in C#?