- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a hit count for a Webpage?
517 Lectures 57 hours
A hit counter tells you about the number of visits on a particular page of your web site. Usually, you attach a hit counter with your index.jsp page assuming people first land on your home page.
To implement a hit counter you can make use of the Application Implicit object and associated methods getAttribute() and setAttribute().
This object is a representation of the JSP page through its entire lifecycle. This object is created when the JSP page is initialized and will be removed when the JSP page is removed by the jspDestroy() method.
Following is the syntax to set a variable at the application level −
application.setAttribute(String Key, Object Value);
You can use the above method to set a hit counter variable and to reset the same variable. Following is the method to read the variable set by the previous method −
Every time a user accesses your page, you can read the current value of the hit counter and increase it by one and again set it for future use.
- How to create a Hit Counter in JSP?
- Design Hit Counter in C++
- Django model object hit counting
- How to set background image of a webpage?
- How to use an image in a webpage?
- How to use .svg files in a webpage?
- Java Program to display a webpage in JEditorPane
- How to refresh a webpage using Python Selenium Webdriver?
- How to Generate a PDF from an HTML Webpage?
- Bricks Falling When Hit in C++
- How to loop through a menu list on a webpage using Selenium?
- What should you do if you hit someone while driving/riding?
- Is it possible to scroll down in a webpage using Selenium Webdriver programmed on Python?