- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are wireless networks?
Digital wireless communication is not a new idea. Earlier, Morse code implemented the wireless network. Now-a-days, the modern digital systems use wireless systems of the same idea as Morse code as implemented but with better performance.
Categories of Wireless Networks
Wireless Networks are divided into three categories as explained below −
It is all about interconnecting the components of a computer using short-range radio. Some companies together design a short-range wireless network called Bluetooth to connect various components like monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer etc, without wires.
In simplest form, system interconnection networks use the master-slave concept. The system unit is normally the master. The other devices like mouse, keyboard, printer etc are slaves.
These are the systems in which every computer has a radio modem and antenna with the help of these it can communicate with other systems. Wireless LANs usage is increasing in small offices, colleges, Homes where installing Ethernet is considered too much trouble. There is a standard for wireless LANs called IEEE 802.11.
The radio network used for cellular telephones is an example of low-bandwidth wireless WAN. This system has already gone through three generation, as explained below −
The first generation was analog and used for voice only.
The second generation was digital and used for voice only.
The third generation is digital and is for both voice and data.
- What are wireless sensor networks?
- Wireless Networks
- What are(Wireless LAN) IEEE 802.11 Networks in Computer Network?
- What are wireless LANs?
- What are Neural Networks?
- What are IEEE 802.11 networks?
- What are Direct Interconnection Networks?
- What are the IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN Standards?
- What are Radial Basis Function Networks?
- What are the most popular wireless internet access technologies?
- What are Computer Networks and IP addresses?
- What are ISDN Layers in computer networks?
- What are noise impairments in Computer networks?
- What are Terrestrial Microwaves in computer networks?
- What are Satellite Microwaves in computer networks?