- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are unethical digital marketing techniques?
Marketing is a concept which is related to beliefs. With marketing, a consumer is made to believe that a certain product or service delivers the results mentioned. Whether it is digital or traditional, marketing is a tool to sell your product or service by gaining trust. But with the increasing attention towards digital marketing, there are many unethical practices prevailing. Recently, social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube have made their rules more stringent so as to avoid unethical practices in the digital marketing field.
What Are They Like?
It is unethical to do false marketing by conveying the false messages into society. These practices are some deeds which we observe usually.
Posting videos with controversial and irrelevant thumbnails just to attract an audience
Altering the facts and misleading consumers about the product
Concealing the side-effects of using a product
Creating a negative opinion on certain products or people based on gossips
Manipulating the facts and posting on various social media platforms in the interest of product promotion
Spreading a false belief in public that a certain product or service can only save them
Disparaging the products of Rival company
Portraying women as sex symbols to get enough traffic to the website, social media platforms, and channels
Using fear tactics such as a shortage of supply
Plagiarism of brand names, logos, marketing messages or content of the website
Imposing more charges on consumers than the actual pricing
Discriminating a certain group, sex, religion etc. for brand promotion
Sending spam messages/emails etc.
It is our subconscious mind that influences our preferences in choosing a product. Unethical marketing strategies like the ones mentioned, affect the subconscious mind of a consumer and letting them believe what is shown in the advertisement is correct, like Subliminal advertising. Such type of manipulative branding techniques come under unethical marketing techniques, which must be avoided.
- What are the top digital marketing certification exams?
- Career Opportunities in Digital Marketing
- What are Google Algorithms and what importance do they have in digital marketing?
- Simple Ways to Sell Digital Marketing Services
- What are the skills in digital marketing that can get you a job instantly?
- What are Guerrilla Marketing Strategies?
- How to Boost Your Digital Campaign with Email Marketing
- What are the Current Marketing Challenges?
- What are Analog and Digital signals?
- What are the various Functions of Marketing?
- What are the Different Types of Marketing?
- What are the Database recovery techniques?
- What are collision avoidance techniques(DBMS)?
- What are the techniques of Steganalysis?
- What are Digital Certificates in information security?