- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the terminologies of Information Security Models?
Information security is a set of practices designed to maintain personal data secure from unauthorized access and alteration during saving or sending from one place to another.
Information security is designed and implemented to secure the print, electronic and other private, sensitive and personal information from unauthorized persons. It can be used to secure data from being misused, disclosure, destruction, modification, and disruption.
An information system is a set of people, process and resources that interact to satisfy the data processing needs of an organization. During the processing, the data is collected, saved, changed and distributed in an organization. Such a system should take the data received and store, fetch, transform, process, and communicate it using the computer system or some other means.
In Information Technology (IT) Security Policy, it recognizes the rules and procedures for some individuals accessing and using an organization's IT assets and resources. Effective IT Security Policy is a model of the organization’s culture, in which rules and processes are driven from its employee’s method to their information and work.
There are some terminologies of information security models which are as follows −
Performance Reference Mode (PRM) − Framework for performance dimension providing general output dimensions during the federal government. It allows department to better handle the business of government at some method by proving a means for using an agency’s EA to dimension the benefit of data systems investments and their influence on strategic results.
Preproduction Model − Version of INFOSEC equipment using standard elements and accessible for full computation of form, design, and performance. Preproduction models are usually called a beta models.
Production Model − INFOSEC supplies in its concluding mechanical and digital form.
Role-based Access Control (RBAC) − A model for managing access to resources where allowed actions on resources are identified with roles rather than individual subject identities.
Technical Reference Model (TRM) − A component-driven, technological framework that defines the standards and technologies to help and allow the delivery of service components and capabilities. The important security framework that lies away from an enterprise’s defined border, but help its IA and IA-enabled products, its security position and its risk administration plan.
Risk Management Framework − A structured approach can manage and control risk for an enterprise.
Information Security − The defense of information and information systems from personal access, use, revelation, disruption, alteration, or destruction to offer confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility.
Information Security Policy − Collective of directives, policies, rules, and practices that designate how an organization organizes, secures, and distributes data.
Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) − Security of information systems beside unauthorized access to or amendment of data, whether in storage, processing, or transit, and against the denial of service to authorized users, counting those measures important to identify, files, and answer such threats.
- What are the approaches of Information Security Models?
- What are the security services of Information Security?
- What are the aspects of Information Security?
- What are the Pillars of Information Security?
- What are the goals of Information Security?
- What are the services of Information Security?
- What are the types of Information Security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the basics of security metrics in information security?
- What are the classification of security attacks in information security?
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the Information Security Attack?
- What are the advantages of Information Management Security?
- What are the disadvantages of Information Management Security?