- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the security approaches for mobile database environment?
There are various security approaches for mobile database environment which are as follows −
Transparencies − There are basic security challenges tightening up because of mobility. It contained in these challenges is the dispute of transparencies, the transparency in the database sense against the transparency in the privacy sense. The first define the user will be satisfied from internal system knowledge.
Secure Locations and Movements − The location is a sensible data only in connection with customer identities. The best protection of user whereabouts consists in the prevention of management of location information or user information, correspondingly. Movement information can be achieved by location information regarding time information, because movement is represented by changing locations in time.
Mobile computing should operate as much as possible data thrifty, e.g. as anonymous as possible. Data thrift is a term in the privacy area and addresses a thrifty management and need of personal data. Personal data mean any information relating to a consistent or identifiable natural person. The usage of pseudonyms defines a weak type of data thrift. Because database systems do not provide anonymous or pseudonymous computing, pseudonyms should be created external of the database system, or users have to act in roles.
Aggregation Separation − The aggregation of these data should be applicable only for authorized users. Authorized users are administrators, but with the restriction of vertical separation, and each affected user including data subject.
The protection is achieved by a separation of user identities and location and time. It has to be realized with the support of access control, but also to their physical separation. While in general user identities are easily determined, the establishing of location attributes is a difficult process and require knowledge discovery methods.
Vertical Separation − The more data about a user is accessing, the more complete data about user movements and local activities results. A separation of the personal data is advisable to avoid a generation of a broad user view. The separation can be vertical, or selective. This define the audit record or cellular contexts, respectively, should be reserved with views based on database selections.
Horizontal Separation − The necessity of horizontal separation defines a classical database challenge. Data are managed through the fundamental operating system and network to save and transfer them.
Dynamic and Resource Restricted Mobile Environment − Furthermore, security and privacy methods are very static whereas the mobile communication environment is dynamic and necessitates alteration of queries and results.
The dynamics of mobile database environments enhance from the changing mobile context including the changing area, dynamic and scarce resources and the changing user and software context.
- What are the security issues in mobile database environment?
- What is Mobile Database Security in information security?
- What are the strategy of mobile database system in information security?
- What are the approaches of Information Security Models?
- What are the approaches of Risk Analysis in Information Security?
- What are the database security policy?
- What are the drawbacks of database security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the elements of database security policy?
- What are statistical approaches?
- What are the various approaches for branch handling in computer architecture?
- What are Sampling-Based Approaches?
- What are the approaches of Instruction Scheduling?
- What are the approaches to Tree Pruning?