- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the modern methods of appraisal in accounting?
Appraisal methods are categorised into two types. Each method has its own merits and de-merits. One of the methods used by companies are modern methods which are divided into following types
MBO means Management by Objectives. This concept was developed by Peter F.Drucker in 1954. It is the process where, both superior and subordinates identifies goal for each individual and define those by identifying their areas of responsibilities.
This method follows goal setting, performance, comparison and reviews. Its main drawbacks are setting un measurable goals, time taking, no trust.
It varies with performance dimensions. Benefits are combinations of narratives, critical and quantified. It involves generating incidents, developing dimensions, reallocating, scaling and developing finial BARS.
In this method, all managers participate in designed simulated exercises. The assesse conduct various activities like basket exercise, simulations, role playing etc. These are essential for job performance. Feedback consists of strength and weaknesses and are given at the end of the exercise.
This method provides accurate evaluation in selecting and promoting executives. These are time taking and discouraging for others. Sometimes, it provides unhealthy environment among competitors.
360-degree appraisals evaluate skills, abilities, behaviours and necessary information from their superiors, sub-ordinates, clients, customers and from peers. All this information is gathered, computerised and individual reports are prepared and rated.
This method will provide appropriate and realistic information.
On the other hand, employee can provide false information regarding others.
In this method, performance is evaluated based on monetary benefits.
Factors considered while evaluating this process are unit wise average value of service, quality of product rendered, incurred overhead cost, relationships with others, damages, wastage and time spent by supervisor in appraising in terms of monetary side.
- Related Articles
- What are the traditional methods of appraisal in accounting?
- What is appraisal in accounting?
- Why Modern Methods of Irrigation Are Called Water Conservation Methods?
- What is Irrigation? Explain traditional methods of Irrigation and modern methods of irrigation.
- What are the different branches of accounting?
- What are liabilities in accounting?
- What are the elements of modern computers?
- What are the advantages of modern highways ?
- What are the sources of fund in finance and accounting?
- What are the advantages of using Hijab in Modern Days?
- What Are Some of the Techniques of Modern Management?
- What are Operating cash flow in accounting?
- What is Accounting? Different Types of Accounting
- What are the methods of clustering?
- What are the methods of separation