- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
What are the issues in database privacy?
First, we need to know about database privacy and later we will go for the issues regarding database privacy and the security measures regarding the issues.
Database Privacy − It is nothing but the securing of data which is present in the database. Generally, we used to store a large amount of data in the database. For that important data to be secured we need to use some security measures like security firewalls, Antivirus, security encryption, etc.
Encryption − It means that the data or information is to be encoded. It means that the format of the data is not at all understandable by the third party. It can be understandable only for the Admin who controls the whole database who knows the key they can unlock and could read it.
Issues in Database Privacy
Nowadays all the networks are becoming more and more open to outsiders. So the information may be duplicated and it is losing the security and privacy.
Many IT experts suggested adding a few more security levels or layers to the existing security system. But they all failed in doing so.
As per the database security, the encryption secures or protects the data which is there in the database. Even if there occurs a data breach then also the data will remain constant with no loss of data anymore.
Not all the organizations are using the database encryption because they need to face some challenges while using the database encryption.
In the process of encryption, there may be a need to use the key and this process is called the Encryption Key Management.
It plays a major role in terms of database security or network security. When there is a loss of data present in the database then it is very much expensive for the data recovery.
Encryption is somewhat very difficult when there is sufficient or proper key management.
Good key management is very essential for organizations to implement database encryption.
The main thing in the management of a good key is that it avoids the disruption of data.
As the usage of encryption is increasing day by day then the companies have to maintain the encryption keys very securely. It is not only for key prevention but also for the loss of data.
The encrypted information is readable when the key is available to unlock it. Then only we can read the information which is there in the database. It can all be done by the administrator of the database only.
- Related Articles
- What are the privacy and security issues associated with chatbots?
- What are the security issues in mobile database environment?
- Do Smart TVs Have Privacy Issues and Security Risks?
- What are the issues in Merger & Acquisitions?
- Federated database management system issues in C++
- What are threading issues?
- What are the principles of Information Privacy?
- What are the features of collections in Information Privacy?
- What are the design Issues in the Physical Layer?
- What are the Network Layer Design issues?
- What are the issues of Anomaly detection?
- What are the design issues of DES?
- What are the security issues in a data warehouse?
- What are security issues in IP protocol?
- What are the related terms for Privacy in Information Security?