- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the different branches of accounting?
The different branches of accounting are explained below −
- Records daily transactions and gives the financial picture of business.
- Preparation of trial balances, profit and loss accounts and balance sheets.
- Creditors, financial institutions, banks, etc., use this type of accounts.
- Record, present and do the analysis of manufacturing costs.
- With the help of this account, management can control the production cost and prices.
- Forecast by analysing actual cost to budget cost.
- Gives information about business administration.
- Budgeting, cost analysis, decision making.
- Prepares tax reports using financial statements.
- External − Financial statements are scrutinized by external/independent parties.
- Internal − Focuses on the companies' internal structure.
- Prepares and files various tax returns.
- Minimizes tax, tax reporting.
- Tax related decisions are implemented.
- Records non-profit business funds.
- Different accounts are maintained for different sources.
- Records government and state government funds.
- Records utilisation of allocated funds.
- This is also called legal accounting.
- Settles the legal matters.
- Damage calculations are also conducted under this type of accounting.
- Third party handles accounts.
- Trust accounting, estate accounting, etc.
- Related Articles
- What is Accounting? Different Types of Accounting
- What are the various types of branches?
- What are the traditional methods of appraisal in accounting?
- What are the modern methods of appraisal in accounting?
- What are liabilities in accounting?
- What are the sources of fund in finance and accounting?
- What are the difference between accounting and auditing?
- What are Operating cash flow in accounting?
- What is accounting and derive accounting equation?
- What are the different shapes of galaxies?
- What are the different types of psychotherapy?
- What are the different levels of Parallelism?
- What are the different types of DBMS?
- What are the different types of ISDN?
- What are the Different Types of Marketing?