- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between MediaFire and MiMedia?
Let us understand the concepts of MediaFire and MiMedia before learning the differences between them.
MediaFire is a cloud storage service and file hosting service which became more popular as a platform for sharing large files. It was owned by MediaFire LLC in 2006. Actually, it has a reputation for having poor privacy which is difficult for it to overcome, and because of its limited capabilities it has been kept aside from the list of the best cloud storage services.
MediaFire is providing 10GB storage for free and up to 50 GB free with bonuses, we can store all our files, photos, audio and videos. It helps us to easily share large files through emails. It provides unlimited ad-supported downloads with no waiting times.
The features of MediaFire are as follows −
- Instantly recover deleted files.
- Share and collaborate files.
- Easily share large files and folders.
- File sharing management.
- Cloud storage security.
- Cloud Administration.
The advantages of MediaFire are as follows −
- 10GB free storage
- Very large file size limit
- More transfer speeds to and from MediaFire
- Easy to use
- Cost-effective consumption based-model
- Very reliable and secure platform
The disadvantages of MediaFire are as follows −
- No file encryption
- Too many ads
- Too many ads
- Terrible design
- Poor customer support
- Data consumption is more customizable
MiMedia is a new approach for online backup and storage services developed in 2010. It is an innovative way to securely store, protect, accessibility and share our digital data over the cloud.
It also provides online backup, on demand access to all stored files instantly. We can also watch our favourite videos, stream your music, view photo galleries and much more with any computer or mobile device.
The features of MiMedia are as follows −
- MiMedia shares files and folders,
- It can schedule backup.
- We can access anytime and from anywhere.
- Edit office document online.
- Remote Access.
- Desktop synchronous.
- File protection.
- Drag and drop support.
The advantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- Interface usability
- Customer service
- Large free storage capacity
- Encryption options
- Organization features
The disadvantages of MiMedia are as follows −
- User interface is unfriendly
- There is no sync folder
- Advanced sharing options are not there
- No versioning system
- Trash bin is not available.
- There is no client-side encryption
The operating system support includes Windows, iPhone, iPad. With regards to security, rest file encryption, SSL secure data transfer, Encrypted storage, 256-bit Encryption is included.
The major differences between MediaFire and MiMedia are as follows −
|MediaFire was owned by MediaFire LLC in 2006.||MiMedia was owned by MiMedia LLC in 2010.|
|MediaFire offers 100TB maximum storage space.||The maximum storage is offer is 2TB|
|MediaFire provides cloud storage service, file synchronization and file hosting service.||MiMedia provides cloud storage and back up service.|
|MediaFire supports file versioning.||MiMedia does not offer file versioning|
|MediaFire maximum file size is 20GB||MiMedia maximum file size is 5GB|
|MediaFire is still in use.||MiMedia is still active.|
|MediaFire supports remote uploading features.||MiMedia does not support remote uploading features.|
|MediaFire has a bandwidth limit up to 10TB based on the plan.||MiMedia does not have a bandwidth limit|
|MediaFire provides storage space for referrals up to 1TB.||MiMedia does not have referral systems.|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between Box and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Wuala?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between CloudMe and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and pCloud?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Wasabi and MiMedia?