- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Google Voice and Skype?
Let us understand the concepts of Google Voice and Skype before learning the differences between them.
Skype is a telecommunication application that provides the feature of video and voice calling to the user with the help of the internet via computer, laptop, tablet, smart phones etc.
Skype was launched in the year 2003 by Niklas Zennström, from Denmark. However, it gained popularity from 2010. In the covid-19 situation, skype acquired a huge market. In March 2020, Skype was used by 100 million people on a monthly basis and by 40 million people on a daily basis, which was a 70% increase in the number of daily users from the previous month, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The strategies adopted by skype for grabbing such a huge market are as follows −
Introducing the video and audio call features via the internet.
It is less costly because the calls are via the internet only.
With the help of skype we can do conference video and audio calls i.e. in a single call we can add many people at the same time.
In the time of coronavirus where all the work is done online only then skype takes the advantage of this time very efficiently and effectively.
Skype also gives you the advantage of instant messaging.
Easy to handle or use.
The advantages of Skype are as follows −
It is practically pervasive (more than 600 million supporters) and it's anything but difficult to convey (accepting your IT strategy doesn't preclude it) you can be ready for action in no time.
It is easy to understand; everybody has heard accounts of grandmother utilizing it to interface with their terrific children. Along these lines, if grandmother can utilize it, it must be straightforward, which can't generally be said for all work area video customers.
The disadvantages of Skype are as follows −
Multi-Party Audio/Visual Conference Calling Reliability
Multiple People in a Meeting Room for Video Conferencing
Clear Audio for Multiple People in Audio Conferencing
It is used to make calls to all Google users all over the world and was launched in the year 2009. It provided a lot of features along with voice calls like free messaging, blocking unwanted numbers, showing call history, etc. It is an internet-based telephony service.
The features of Google Voice are as follows −
- Call forwarding
- Voice mail service
- Text message
- International call termination
- Free of cost
- Call history
- Call screening
- Blocking of unwanted calls
The advantages of Google Voice are as follows −
- Simple to use
- Internet only service
- Call forwarding
- Calls on smartphones
- Good connectivity
The disadvantages of Google Voice are as follows −
- Limited Functionality
- International support is not there
- Multiple numbers on single account
- Remove empty messages
- Not available in all of the countries
The major differences between Skype and Google Voice are as follows −
|Skype was launched in the year 2003 by Microsoft incorporation.||It was launched in the year 2009 by Google|
|Skype is not original features of Microsoft||It is an original feature of Google|
|Skype offers video calls, voice calls and instant messaging.||It provides instant messaging and voice calls|
|Skype has more users.||Google voice has less number of users|
|Skype does not require a phone number for having an account.||Google voice requires phone number|
|Skype will offer video calls||It will not offer video calls|
|Skype provides conference calls during video calling.||Google Voice does not provide conference calls.|
- What are the differences between Google Hangouts and Skype?
- What are the differences between Google Voice and Google Hangouts?
- What are the differences between Google Voice and Google Duo?
- What are the differences between Google Voice and JustCall?
- What are the differences between Google Voice and Dingtone?
- What are the differences between Skype and Facebook Messenger?
- What are the differences between Microsoft Teams and Skype?
- What are the differences between Google Hangouts and Google Duo?
- What are the differences between Google Drive and BorgBase?
- What are the differences between Google Drive and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Google Drive and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Google Drive and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Google Drive and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between Google Drive and pCloud?
- What are the differences between Google Drive and Tresorit?