- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Baidu Cloud and Mega?
Let us understand the concepts of Baidu Cloud and Mega before learning the differences between them.
Baidu is China's largest and most widely used search engine, just like Google in the U.S. It was launched in the year 2012 by Baidu Incorporation. It offers file management, resources sharing, cloud storage service, client software and third party integration.
The features of Baidu Cloud are as follows −
- Needs Assessment
- Resource Allocation
- Stayed within Budget
- Statement of Work
- Best Practices
- Technical Expertise
The advantages of Baidu Cloud are as follows −
- Search is user friendly.
- It offers many services.
- Baidu has its own browser
- It uses Google playbook.
The disadvantages of Baidu Cloud are as follows −
- It does not protect software updates.
- The data of the user is transmitted
Mega is a cloud storage and file hosting service developed by MEGA Ltd in the year 2013. It was written by using the languages C++, java script, java and C. The Mega services offered by using web based apps.
It was the largest free cloud storage across the world with 20 GB storage allocation for free accounts. Mega supports Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Browser extension operating systems. It provides Cloud storage, File hosting service and Remote backup service.
The features of Mega are as follows −
- MEGA provides large cloud storage space
- Download files using links without sign up
- File management, even on mobile devices
- It was designed with user-controlled end-to-end encryption
- Backup your Recovery Key
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Share your files anytime, anywhere
- Easy communications with the team
- Keep Your Chat Private and Safe
- History Retention Control
- Photo, file and location sharing instantly
The advantages of Mega are as follows −
- Zero-knowledge encryption
- Encrypted sharing links
- Plenty of free storage
- Previews for media & documents
The disadvantages of Mega are as follows −
- High prices for paid plans
- Not good for collaboration
- Poor customer support
- User experience could be better
The major differences between Baidu Cloud and Mega are as follows −
|Baidu Cloud was launched in the year 2012 by Baidu Incorporation.||Mega is owned by Mega Limited in the year 2013|
|Baidu Cloud offers a maximum storage size of 2TB.||Mega has a maximum storage size of 16TB.|
|Baidu Cloud maximum file size is 4 GB for free and 20GB for paid.||The maximum file size in Mega is equal to cloud drive space.|
|Baidu Cloud has an unstable band-width limit.||Mega has a band-width limit of 10 GB for free and 96 TB for paid every month.|
|Baidu does not support file versioning.||Mega supports file versioning.|
|Baidu Cloud is used in China.||Mega is used worldwide.|
|Baidu Cloud supports remote uploading.||Mega does not support remote uploading.|