- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the database security policy?
Database security defines the collective measures used to protect and secure a database or database management software from unauthorized use and malicious cyber threats and attacks. Database security is a layer of information security. It is generally concerned with physical protection of data, encryption of data in storage and data remanence problem.
Data security is generally defined as the confidentiality, availability and integrity of data. In another terms, it is all of the practices and processes that are in place to provide data is not being used or accessed by permitted individuals or parties. Data security provides that the data is accurate and reliable and is accessible when those with authorized access require it.
An acceptable data security plan should target on collecting only the required data information, maintaining it safe and destroying some data that is no longer needed. A plan that places priority on these three components will support some business meet the legal obligations of possessing sensitive information.
Database security process are aimed at securing not just the data inside the database, but the database management system and all the applications that access it from intrusion, misuse of information, and damage.
An Information Technology (IT) Security Policy recognizes the rules and procedures for some individuals accessing and using an organization's IT assets and resources. Effective IT Security Policy is a model of the organization’s culture, in which rules and processes are driven from its employees approach to their data and work.
Therefore, an effective IT security policy is a unique file for each organization, cultivated from its people’s perspectives on risk tolerance, how they look and value their data, and the resulting availability that they support of that information. For this reason, some companies will discover a boilerplate IT security policy inappropriate because of its lack of consideration for how the organization’s people generally use and share information between themselves and to the public.
The goals of an IT security policy is the preservation of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data used by an organization’s members. The IT Security Policy is a living document that is always upgraded to adapt with evolving business and IT requirements. Institutions including the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have published standards and best practices for security policy standard.
An organization’s security policy will play an essential role in its decisions and direction, but it should not change its strategy or mission. Thus, it is essential to write a policy that is drawn from the company existing cultural and structural framework to provide the continuity of best productivity and innovation, and not as a generic policy that impedes the organization and its people from meeting its mission and objective.
- What are the elements of database security policy?
- What are the drawbacks of database security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the security issues in mobile database environment?
- What are the security approaches for mobile database environment?
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What are the strategy of mobile database system in information security?
- What is the principles of database security in information security?
- What is the need of database security in information security?
- What is Mobile Database Security in information security?
- What are the security services of Information Security?
- What is an Enterprise database security in information security?
- What are the Essentials of an Effective Cybersecurity Policy?
- What are the main Security Frameworks in information security?