- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the components of 'user interface' of Windows Operating System?
The user interface components of the windows operating system are explained below.
The main components are GUI (Graphical user interface). It is made of four parts as follows −
The common windows controls are as follows −
GUI basic components are as follows −
Start menu and programming groups.
Task-bar shows running programs.
Desktop shows icons and shortcuts.
The outlines of windows operating system are, it is developed by Microsoft Corporation, interface provides multitasking capability, provides virtual memory etc.
Now let us discuss some of the components of GUI which are as follows −
Pointer − A symbol that appears on the screen and that you move to select objects and commands.
Icon − Small graphical representation of program. When you double click on the icon the program file opens.
Menus − Set of options presented to the user, to the help of execution of the program.
Scroll bar − We can scroll the content by using the scroll bar on the window.
Input device − Keyboard, Mice, audio or video controllers, ports etc.
- What is the user interface and operating system interface?
- What are the roles of the user interface and kernel of an operating system?
- What are the user and system goals of Operating Systems?
- What is the history of the windows operating system and MSDOS?
- What are the functions of the operating system?
- What are the principles of user-interface design?
- What are the hardware components of the Computer System?
- What are the components of the Data Communication System?
- What are the levels of memory in the Operating System?
- What are the three major components of Electrical Power System?
- What is the Windows 2000 Operating System in Computer Network?
- What are operating system services?
- What are system calls in Operating System?
- What are the different system calls in the operating system?
- User View vs System View in Operating System