- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the career options for a post graduate in biotech?
Although India does not yet have a good setup for Biotechnology, there are career options galore after you have completed your post graduate in biotech. Whether you have completed your post-graduation in Biotech from the reputed institutes in India such as, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research or Indian Institute of Science, or from any university situated abroad, it’s a high-level training that matters.
According to industry experts like Dr. Yusuf Deeni, post completion of Masters in Biotechnology, one can find employment in biotech companies or can even pursue Ph.D.
One can also be a part of biofuels, healthcare, cleantech and industrial biotechnology.
For those who have completed their Ph.D. can go for Post Doctorate and then practice as an independent researcher in universities in India or abroad.
But, if Ph.D. is not something you are looking at, then you can go for Research and Development jobs in different companies like Dr. Reddy’s, Strand Life Sciences, etc. If you are an MSc. you can start from Level A and in 4 to 5 years you can reach to Level C with continuous hard work, while as a PhD can you can start at Level C or from Level D if you are a post-doc.
Teaching is another field that one can explore post higher studies in Biotechnology. You also need to complete the National Eligibility Test – Lectureship to apply for the position.
Intellectual property research and patenting is another field where one can do wonders. You need to start by working with a Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) company that is related to Biotech and Life sciences, for instance, Dolcera, Evalueserve, Pangea3, etc.
- What are the options for jQuery Animated Effects?
- What are the career prospects in VFX?
- What are the available options for Data integration in SAP?
- What are the different IT Career courses in India?
- What are Call and Put Options?
- Are there any style options for the HTML5 Date picker?
- Finance – What are the types of Real Options?
- Upskilling: The Sure Shot Career Mantra for 2020
- What are the options and variables introduced in MySQL 8.0?
- What are the options and variables deprecated in MySQL 8.0?
- What is ghostwriting and what are the job prospects if I embrace it as a career?
- What is the reason for post-exercise itching when resumed after a long gap?
- What is the career prospect in drone technology?
- Style options for the HTML5 Date picker
- What are the options and variables that were removed in MySQL 8.0?