- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the Biometric Devices in information security?
Biometrics is the recognition of a person by the measurement of their biological characteristics. For instance, users identifying themselves to a computer or constructing by their fingerprint or voice is treated as biometrics identification.
Biometric devices authenticate users to access control systems through some variety of personal identifier including a fingerprint, voiceprint, iris scan, retina scan, facial scan, or signature dynamics. The best thing about using biometrics is that end-users do not lose their personal identifier. It is complex to leave the fingers at home. However, biometrics have not caught on as fast as originally anticipated because of the false positives and false negatives that are usual when using biometric technologies.
Biometric devices measure biological elements (like human features) to implement functions, including logging health/fitness record and authenticating users. There are multiple uses for the technology and several methods for its implementation. There are the following types of biometric data include visual, audio, spatial and behavioral.
Biometric technology continues to create essential contributions to human-computer interaction, such as brain wave measurement and even bodily-installed microchips. Voice and fingerprint identification are also both general forms of biometric scanning.
A voice recognition device should need an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) to translate sound waves into digital record, which the device then processes to implement a specific function (including speech transcription). Fingerprint identification and other biometric authentication methods often compare and crossreference input data with data saved in virtual or remote storage to validate its authenticity.
Biometric authentication systems use unique physical characteristics (or attributes) of an individual person to authenticate the person’s identity. Physical attributes employed in biometric authentication systems such as fingerprints, hand geometry, hand -written signatures, retina patterns and voice patterns. Biometric authentication systems is depend upon these physical attributes have been created for computer login applications.
The need of biometric technologies supports reliable verification of the passengers crossing state borders, and strengthens the control of passport and visa regulations, and other identification files. The benefit of biometric technologies such as high reliability, maximum protection from unauthorized access, and integrity of use.
Biometric face scanners recognize a person by taking measurements of a person's face. For instance, the distance among the person's chin, eyes, nose, and mouth. These scanners can be protect, consider that they are intelligent to distinguish between an image of a person and a real person.
A biometric retina or iris scanner recognizes a person by scanning the iris or retina of their eyes. These scanners are safer biometric authentication designs because there is no known method to duplicate the retina or iris.
The need of biometric technology is indispensable for enhancing the security of multiple systems that needed the user verification and the development of information technologies.
- What are biometric devices in information security?
- What are the types of attacks on Biometric devices in information security?
- What are the security services of Information Security?
- What are the Information Security Attack?
- What are the main Security Frameworks in information security?
- What are the specific security mechanism in Information Security?
- What are the Pervasive Security Mechanisms in Information Security?
- What are the challenges in information security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the basics of security metrics in information security?
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the classification of security attacks in information security?
- What are the aspects of Information Security?
- What are the Pillars of Information Security?