- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the advantage of RFID technology in information security?
The advantage of RFID which are as follows −
RFID in the transportation sector − RFID tags can be employed in car services for storing recognition numbers of vehicles along with other data which can then be used for implementing automatic inventories using static RFID readers appropriately placed at various locations including parking lots, exits of garage etc.
In the airline industry, RFID tags can be used for effective element of baggage based on routing location. This will lead to automated routing of the baggage with minimal error and a large deduction in losses incurred because of misrouting or loss of baggage. However, such RFID tags can only be used in conjunction with static RFID readers located at conveyor belts.
RFID tags can be used as recyclable tickets for public transportation systems. Such use will support online purchasing or in this case online re-activation of the RFID tags for use of transportation and implementation of real time passenger information system.
RFID tags and readers can be implemented for the services of automated electronic tolling system.
RFID in the health sector − RFID tags can be assigned to patients including their health data. Moreover such an implementation along with the installation of static RFID tags in the vicinity can provide in proper and timely management of the patient meal and other medications along with maintenance of a medical database of the patient health progress, allergies to several foods and medicines, the several drugs administered against the specific ailments etc.
RFID tags connected to medicine bottles can include the medicinal information about the drug. Along with the need of several sensor technologies, RFID tags can also be used to decide the level of content within the bottle and suitably facilitate alerts to users and online purchases for replenishment of content by exchange of data over the web.
RFID in hotel industry − RFID tags in the form of smart cards are being used in the recent hotels restoring the keys to each room for improved security and convenience of the customers.
RFID in Retail Industry − RFID tags are necessarily read by RFID readers in vicinity leading to reduction in manual labour and an improved and proactive real time tracking of products.
As against bar codes, no line-of-sight is required among RFID tags and readers for reading of data. RFID tags provide higher reading rates of contained information in comparison to bar codes.
RFID tags can be re-written with new information and as such are recyclable and updatable with new data about the products to which they are connected to.
RFID has a much higher data capacity than a bar code.
Item connected with RFID tags can be tracked in real-time point-to-point automatically thus decreasing the involvement of manual labour and economic expenditure and time.
RFID tagged items can be securely saved in the suitable place as the tags can be programmed accordingly to send out notifications when the items leaves a definite place without accurate clearance.
- What are the applications of RFID in Information Security?
- What are the disadvantage of RFID in information security?
- What are the privacy aspects of RFID in information security?
- What is RFID in information security?
- What is the role of RFID in Information Security?
- What are the security services of Information Security?
- What are the types of Security Attacks on RFID Systems?
- What are the aspects of Information Security?
- What are the Pillars of Information Security?
- What are the goals of Information Security?
- What are the services of Information Security?
- What are the types of Information Security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the basics of security metrics in information security?