- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are some Information Security Terms?
There are some information security terms which are as follows −
Rootkit − A hacker security tool that get passwords and message traffic to and from a computer.
Threat − Any situation or event with the possible to unfavorably impact an information system via unauthorized access, elimination, disclosure, alteration of data, and denial of service.
Authenticate − It can be authenticate the identity of a user, user device, or several entity, or the integrity of data saved, transmitted, or therefore exposed to unauthorized alteration in an information system, or to law the authority of a transmission.
Authentication − Security measure predetermined to start the validity of a transmission, message, or originator, or a means of proving an individual’s authorization to obtain specific categories of information.
Back Door − Hidden software or hardware structure used to prevent security controls. It is exact to trap door.
Card Skimmers − An unlawful computer device that can capture some personal information from a credit card or debit card.
Countermeasures − Action, device, process, approaches or other measure that reduce the vulnerability of an information system.
Data Driven Attack − A form of attack that is encoded in seemingly inoffensive data, which is implemented by a user or a process to implement an attack. A data driven attack is an interest for firewalls, as it can get through the firewall in data form and start an attack against a system at the end part of the firewall.
Denial of Service − Effect of some action or sequence of actions that averts some part of an information system from functioning.
Dictionary Attack − An attack that approach a brute-force technique of successively undertaking all the words in some large, comprehensive list.
DNS Spoofing − It can be assuming the DNS name of another system by mortifying the name service cache of a victim system, or by compromising a domain name server for a true domain.
Firewall − A firewall is a hardware or software solution to execute security policies.
Flooding − Type of incident containing insertion of a high volume of data effecting in denial of service.
Hacker − Unauthorized user who attempt to or gains access to an information system and the data it provides.
Intrusion − Unauthorized act of bypassing the security approaches of a system.
Malicious Code − Software efficient of implementing an unauthorized process on an information system.
Mobile Code − Software structures received from remote systems, transferred across a network, and then downloaded and executed on a local system without explicit installation or implementation by the recipient.
Packet − A block of information sent over the network transmission the identities of the sending and receiving stations, error-control data, and message.
Packet Filtering − A feature contains into routers to restrict the flow of data depends on predetermined communications such as source, destination, or type of service being supported by the network.
Packet Sniffer − A device or program that observes the information traveling within computers on a network.
- Related Articles
- What are the related terms for Privacy in Information Security?
- What are the basic terms used in cryptography in information security?
- What are the security services of Information Security?
- What are Botnets in information security?
- What are the Information Security Attack?
- What are Steganography in information security?
- What are the main Security Frameworks in information security?
- What are the specific security mechanism in Information Security?
- What are the Pervasive Security Mechanisms in Information Security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the basics of security metrics in information security?
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the classification of security attacks in information security?
- What are the aspects of Information Security?