- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are Investing activities in cash flow in accounting?
This statement tells about how much is generated from investment related activities of a firm. Investments may be long term or short term. Investments includes assets, securities etc.
Examples of investing activities are as follows −
- Purchase of investments.
- Proceeds from the sale of investments.
- Purchase of fixed assets.
- Proceeds from the sale of fixed asset.
Investing activities does not includes −
- Interest payments or dividends.
- Debt, equity.
- Deprecation of capital assets.
|Positive cash flow||Negative cash flow|
|Sales of fixed assets||Purchase of fixed assets|
|Sale of investment instruments (stocks and bonds)||Purchase of investment instruments (stock and bonds)|
|Collection of loans||Lending of loans|
- What are cash flow from Financial activities in accounting?
- What are Operating cash flow in accounting?
- Write the accounting entries for cash flow hedge
- What is Accounting Rate of Return in discounted cash flow technique in capital budgeting?
- Differentiate between cash flow and free cash flow.
- What is Free Cash Flow?
- What are the Sources and Uses of Cash Flow?
- Differentiate cash accounting and accrual accounting.
- What is a cash flow hedge?
- What is Capital Cash Flow method?
- What is free cash flow formula?
- Explain cash based accounting.
- What is Free Cash Flow in Corporate Finance?
- What is difference between cash flow statement and fund flow statement?
- What is free cash flow to equity (FCFE)?