- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Using a third-party library in Arduino
The general way of using third-party libraries in Arduino is to install them from Tools -> Manage Libraries. We already have a separate post to cover that. However, what if a library you are using for cannot be found in Tools -> Manage Libraries? After all, Manage Libraries only includes those libraries which are present in Arduino Library Manager −
So, how do we use a library not present in Arduino Library Manager? Let's use an example to understand.
Consider the TinyGPSPlus library (https://github.com/mikalhart/TinyGPSPlus) which is not available in Arduino's Manage Libraries portal as on 17th March 2021.
In order to use this library in a particular sketch, navigate to the public libraries folder of Arduino. The path is generally (C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arduino\libraries) on Windows.
Clone this library into that folder using git clone. If you are unfamiliar with git, you can download zip and extract it in the sketch folder.
The libraries folder will now contain the library −
Now, open your sketch again, and got to Sketch -> Include Library, and select the newly added library.
When you do that, you will see the following line included at the top of your sketch −
Congratulations, this new library is now ready to be used in your sketches!
- How to install third party packages using npm
- Creating a Map in React JS without using third-party API
- Including third party libraries in SAPUI5 Project
- Extracting data from SAP ERP for a Third Party System Extracting data from SAP ERP for a Third Party System
- Gaussian Library Arduino
- What are the risks of third-party App Stores?
- Arduino Time Library Introduction
- Download a new library in Arduino IDE
- How to Enable and Install Third Party Packages Using EPEL Repository on CentOS/RHEL
- Serial Filtering Library in Arduino
- How can I update a third party database outside SAP after completing a Transaction?
- Installing a new library in Arduino IDE 2.0
- What is Arduino Ticker Library?
- Is it true that Patanjali products are manufactured by a third party and only labeled by Patanjali?
- Interacting SAP and Navision using 3rd party applications