- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Upgrading MySQL with the MySQL APT Repository
The MySQL APT repository can be used to perform an in-place upgrade for the MySQL installation.
It can be done using the below steps −
Ensure that MySQL APT repository is already present on user’s system's repository list.Ensure that the most up−to−date package information on the MySQL APT repository is present by running the below command −
shell> sudo apt-get update
By default, the MySQL APT repository updates MySQL to the release series that has been selected by the user when they add the MySQL APT repository to their system.
In general rule, it is suggested to upgrade from one release series to another, rather than skipping a series.
Upgrade MySQL using the below command −
shell> sudo apt-get install mysql-server
The MySQL server, client, and the database common files are upgraded when the above command is executed, provided newer versions are available.
Upgrade MySQL Package
To upgrade other MySQL package, use the same ‘apt-get install’ command and provide the name for the package that needs an upgrade −
shell> sudo apt-get install package-name
To view the names of the packages that have been installed from the MySQL APT repository, the below command can be used −
shell> dpkg −l | grep mysql | grep ii
The MySQL server restarts after an update by APT.
- Upgrading MySQL with the MySQL Yum Repository
- Upgrading MySQL with the MySQL SLES Repository
- Upgrading MySQL on Windows
- Upgrading MySQL with Directly-Downloaded RPM Packages
- Upgrading a Docker Installation of MySQL
- Upgrading MySQL Binary or Package-based Installations on Unix/Linux
- Basic Commands of APT-GET and APT-CACHE for Package Management
- How to Install Java with Apt-Get on Ubuntu 16.04
- Update a MySQL table with Java MySQL
- Why is PHP apt for high-traffic websites?
- TheZoo Repository Live Malware Analysis
- Using MySQL with Apache
- MySQL AUTO_INCREMENT with Examples
- Reshuffle the values in a table with MySQL
- Return the field with highest count in MySQL